Why does VZW lie to loyal customers like myself?
15yrTenureVZW

I have been having extremely horrible service and customer service with Verizon Wireless for the past year! Recently in September and October 2017, I have had to call in to customer service/technical support multiple times. I have troubleshooted my device and have went over troubleshooting steps with customer service representatives. None of this has fixed any of the issues! When I called in to technical support in September 2017, I spoke with a representative who said my poor signal/data loss issues were due to an "inactive" SIM card and so I was sent a new SIM card. The technical support representative said that he was SURE that was the issue and when I received it a couple days later, it did not fix any of the issues and seemed to actually worsen the issues! Then I had to call in again to tell them that did not work, the next representative that I spoke with claimed that it was due to my phone being on a roaming setting from what he could see on their end and claimed to adjust a setting and had me restart my phone. That did not fix anything either, so he opened a ticket (tickets had been opened previously for the poor service issues from VZW within the last year). He said that they would reach out to me with a text when the investigation of the network in the area was complete. I received a text a few days later giving a generic explanation that the poor service issues is caused by congestion in the area, despite my service address being just a few miles from TWELVE Verizon Wireless Cell Towers! I called back in on Friday, October 13, 2017 and spoke to a technical support representative "Ryan", recapitulated all the information to him (because apparently the reps don't seem to notate accounts well anymore). I spent almost an hour on the phone with him and told him that I was ready to switch to another dominant cell provider in my area, because they weren't really resolving my poor service issues but giving me the runaround! He said he looked over the ticket and had authorization from his manager to escalate and send me a complimentary 4G Extender as a final method to resolve my poor signal/data loss issues. I haven't received the extender and when I called in they said the previous representative never put in the order and they did not want to send it out! They tried to troubleshoot again, which was a waste of time since I have done that previously! Not sure what has happened to VZW but the level of service has gotten to be so poor! They lied to me and aren't following up with what I was promised by the previous technical support representative last Friday! I am definitely going to have to switch to T-Mobile or AT&T after being a VZW customer for nearly 15 years! Apparently loyalty means nothing to this money hungry corporation now! Shame on you Verizon!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does VZW lie to loyal customers like myself?
stef7
Master - Level 2

You could try contacting Tami Erwin:

Leadership | About Verizon

What sort of phone do you have? I assume you get pretty decent signal and performance at other locations.

Google your phone model and "force 3G". By forcing the phone into 3G instead of 4G/LTE, how does it work?

0 Likes
15yrTenureVZW

I have a phone that is only a year old, it is not the device! I've had these issues on another phone, which was also a newer device! I shouldn't have to use 3G when I am paying for and being charged for 4G LTE! Nothing works and VZW needs to improve their helpfulness, because it isn't the VZW that I signed up for nearly 15 years ago! I live in a large city and with 12 VZW cell towers only a few miles away from my service address... I should not be experiencing any issues and should actually have excellent service and not one bar on my device! I shouldn't have to constantly rely on Wi-Fi, which is another bill separate of VZW that I pay! I have already troubleshooted my device and also troubleshooted with VZW techs, this is why I was told that I would be sent a 4G LTE Extender! Now, they don't want to follow through with what I was told by one of their tech support reps and his manager! Absolutely ridiculous!

0 Likes
vanigo
Contributor - Level 2

Dont feel bad my CS experience being a new customer less than 1 month  has been less than desirable .

I tend to think its because they outsource these services to other countries.

Business that still retain their CS staff in the USA still have good CS response has been my experience.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I wish to clarify. I am not trying to persuade you otherwise. I believe everything you are reporting. Remember - this is a peer to peer forum, and if we are lucky, a VZW rep will join in with additional help, steps you can take, perhaps encourage you to connect outside of the forum to follow up personally with you.

I suggested you try that experiment, not knowing what other people have suggested you try. This was an attempt on my part to help you determine if the issue is with 4G, and/or with 3G.

With 12 towers, one would think just like you, there would be significant bandwidth so that you had no difficulty with your data, and specially no issues taking or making calls, or sending/receiving text messages, which are different than your other apps using data.

You didn't specify what problems exactly you were experiencing.

1). Yes, 4G/LTE should be faster than 3G, but YMMV under congested conditions.

2). Also know, your device (sorry phone, reliable I know - you've had it a year and it doesn't have a problem - got it), can show 1bar and exchange information faster than it might showing 4bars. Signal strength does not always equate to possible transfer rate.

3). One final thing. Your service area can contain 2, 12, 50 towers... It doesn't matter. I believe with the current technology deployed, our phones talk to one tower at a time. So, the one closest to you may be the one your phone is trying to talk to, but you have poor service because it is congested.

I understand your frustration. I hope I'm not increasing it nor mis-informing you. I was merely attempting to help you get to the bottom of things as a consumer like yourself.

Please, just try the experiment. And if you're game, there could be a few more for you to try if you are willing. What harm can it bring you? No one has seemingly helped you yet.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm very disappointed to hear about the trouble that you have been experiencing with service over the last year, 15yrTenureVZW. I have had to contact various companies multiple times regarding the same issue myself so I completely understand where you are coming from. When there is a promise made you should expect follow through. I'm truly sorry that your concerns have yet to be resolved and we certainly wouldn't want to see you leave the Verizon family after 15 years of service.

I know you have done quite a bit of work on the same issue so I don't want to make you explain the situation in detail all over again. It will help me out if I could ask a few questions so I can better understand what is happening. You mentioned there is an issue with poor service. Is this affecting all services (voice/text/data)? Are you experiencing service trouble in one location in particular or do you experience trouble in multiple locations? Does this happen both indoor and out? Do other Verizon users in the same area also experience similar trouble?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes