Why do out going call take so long to connect?
mtnfarmgirl

Sometime it can take up to 3 minutes for an out going call to connect.  It does not seem to matter how many bars I have or where I am.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do out going call take so long to connect?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mtnfarmgirl,

That is a long time for a call to connect! Let's speed this up. What device do you have? Do you have a lot of recent calls stored in your phone? If so, please delete your recent calls. We also encourage you to remove the battery in your phone if you have a removable battery. This will help reset the phone if there is anything stuck in processing. Keep us posted.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

mtnfarmgirl

Thanks for you reply.  I would love it if my outgoing calls would connect faster.  Yesterday it took 5 minutes to connect.

I have am LG spectrum running VS93022A firmware, Android version 4.1.2. I did have a lot of recent calls stored, so I deleted all of them and them I removed my battery and reinstalled it.  Finally, I ran a software update check.  All these activities seem to have fixed the problem.  I now takes only seconds for a call to connect.thanks!Susan

>> Personal information/e-mail reply/headers removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bwatts1001

WE HAVE THE SAMSUNG GALLAXY NOTES WITH VERIZON, WE HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR ABOUT A MONTH. IT JUST STARTED OUT OF THE BLUE FOR NO REASON, I HAVE ANOTHER SAMSUNG GALLAZY WITH ANOTHER CARRIER AND NOT HAVING THIS ISSUE.

WE HAVE TRIED EVRYTHING EVEN CALLING VERIZON THEY CHECKED OUR PHONES AND SAID NOTHING WAS WRONG.....THEY ALSO SAID THERE IS NO PROPBLEM WITH THEIR NETWORK. I HAVE READ TO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM ON DIFFERNT TREADS NOT TO BE A VERIZON NETWORK PROBLEM...MY JUST THEY HAVE TO MANY PHONES AND CANNOT HANDLE THE TRAFFIC... WE ARE SWITCHING TO ANOTHER COMPANY. LIKE I SAID I HAVE OTHER SERVICE WITHA NOTHER NETWORK AND NOT HAVING THIS ISSUE

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you are having a great day so far and a wonderful week! Thank you so much for reaching out to us today. We are always here to answer all of your questions and concerns. I apologize that you are having trouble with the time your calls are taking to connect. You mentioned this started out of no where. Does this happen indoors or outdoors? Is your Wi-Fi seeker function turned on when you are trying to place a call? In which zip is this happening?

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
tsev
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Samsung galaxy  8 just started having the same issue. Takes two to three minutes before I hear the call go through. Hate to have to try to reach 911 or anyone in an emergency situation.  If others are switching carriers and that solves the problem let me know!

bdcaron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an S8+.  It has been taking forever to complete the call lately.  I firmly believe Verizon is having issues and not saying anything. 

I'm am analyzing making a switch to another carrier.  I currently have 5 phones with Verizon.

Verizon is pimping 5G like it's heaven sent.  The only have coverage in about a 1 block area of downtown Los Angeles.

They're probably going to blame it on the virus.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your calling. I have checked our alert system for any active service alerts in the area, and it looks like there definitely is an active service alert at this time. this means that our technicians are aware of the issue, and are working to restore service to you as soon as possible. AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
nonis
Enthusiast - Level 1

The response was from 2014 but I did have many recent calls (1,600+) - never deleted any (didn't know I had to).  It then only took 2-5 seconds to connect when making a call.  TY, Customer Support, for your assistance...

0 Likes