Why do Veterans receive less of a discount than various company employees??
The-Lord_s-Ranger

Veterans receive a 15% discount while employees of companies, like the Home Depot receive a 25% discount. What sacrifice have they made?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do Veterans receive less of a discount than various company employees??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The amount of discount is what Verizon Wireless and the Veterans Services or Armed Forces (whoever makes that decision) have agreed to offer. It might be based on the amount of business Verizon Wireless received from that entity.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The amount of discount is what Verizon Wireless and the Veterans Services or Armed Forces (whoever makes that decision) have agreed to offer. It might be based on the amount of business Verizon Wireless received from that entity.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

If the discount you get was directly related to any sacrifice you may or may not have made, your question might make sense. It does not, though.

0 Likes
The-Lord_s-Ranger

Please keep in mind that many Veterans work for other companies, there are

more Veterans than company employees, and whether or not they use Verizon

Wireless depends on how you treat them. Unfortunately, we are going to have

to reduce the services we use from Verizon Wireless, due to limited income.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That is a choice EVERYONE has to make, veteran or not.

Yes, there may be more veterans than a single company's employees, but unless those veterans sign up as a veteran rather than an employee of a specific company, it doesn't make much of a difference.

In the past it was explained to me in this way, the discount is based upon the amount of employees who are signed up for service thru Verizon. The more employees who sign up, the bigger the discount will be up to a certain point. That is why a larger company will have a bigger discount associated with it. I don't know if this is still the case.

If all veterans would sign up as such instead of going with their employers discount, then your discount would possibly be higher.

Good luck with your new provider.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The veterans working for other companies may in fact receive a larger discount through their employer. Only one discount can be applied at a time to a VZW account. Those veterans have to make the choice of which discount they would rather have.

0 Likes