Why do I have to pay for a charge that I should not of been charged then wait for the credit in two to three billing cycles? If I don't pay it I get charged $5 a month late charge?
Nunu1957

So I spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with Verizon about charges on my wireless bill. The conclusion of it was: Pay the charge and we will credit the charge or it will show as a balance due with a $5.00 late fee every month. I got two phones on a promotion in November. Part of the promotion was no activation fee. Got my first bill and a $70.00 activation fee was on it. On line chatted with Verizon and they said it would be credited in two to three billing cycles. I paid my bill minus the activation fee. This month I have a $5.00 late fee and a $35.00 restocking fee because they messed up and sent three phones and I returned one. It was not activated. They might credit me that money back. What is going on?????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do I have to pay for a charge that I should not of been charged then wait for the credit in two to three billing cycles? If I don't pay it I get charged $5 a month late charge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so very sorry for any aggravation you've experienced getting your billing straightened out, Nunu1957. It's true that it can take 1 to 2 billing cycles for some account balance adjustments to appear on a statement. While I know you'd rather not have paid your activation fees, the terms of your agreement do require you to do so in order to avoid late fees or even involuntary service interruptions.

I am concerns about the restock fee. If the device was sent to you in error, you should not have been billed a restock fee. You stated that there may be a refund for the fee. Has that been confirmed?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Why do I have to pay for a charge that I should not of been charged then wait for the credit in two to three billing cycles? If I don't pay it I get charged $5 a month late charge?
Snn5
Legend

Did you buy from online, on the phone, in a corporate store or a 3rd party retailer?  3rd party sellers sometimes say they waive fees, but really it just shows up on your bill.  Those stores get a cut of the fees for their profit.  I have had erroneous charges before to the tune of $20 and Verizon insisted I pay the charges to avoid a $5 a month fee even though the refund was due to me and might take 1-3 months to receive.  Even though they did refund me the $20 credited to my account, they then insisted I owed them $15 for 3 months of not completely paying the bill in full.

0 Likes
Nunu1957

no confirmation

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmm. That's odd. You may check for any credits that may have been applied to the account by logging into My Verizon. It will be located under the My Bill section. http://bit.ly/xB4iTc

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes