Why did my bill go up? Was paying 124.97 and now it is 196.44 -WHY?
COSVAL56

I bought a new phone from Apple - i7+

I had Apple remove my old phone and replace it with my new phone onto my existing Verizon account.

NOTHING ELSE WAS CHANGED OR MODIFIED!

Why do I see an increase of $71.47?

A very aggravated customer.

Cosmo [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did my bill go up? Was paying 124.97 and now it is 196.44 -WHY?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

COSVAL56,

Having a bill larger than expected would be of great concern to me as well. I like to keep my bills within a budget. We can certainly look into the bill for you. We will need to look deeper into the account. So that we can look closer into the account and have the privacy respected, please click http://spr.ly/65898OOpT .

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Did you get the new phone with a device payment plan? Maybe it's two phone payments on the first bill after purchase (depending on when in your billing cycle you upgraded). What does your bill breakdown of charges show? It should tell you what the extra $71.47 is

0 Likes
Re: Why did my bill go up?  Was paying 124.97 and now it is 196.44 -WHY?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There might also be the upgrade fee on the bill if they purchased the phones from Apple directly which is technically a third party retailer and can't charge the upgrade fee in that transaction so it shows up on the bill instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I guess that's possible although I haven't heard of Apple charging a $74 upgrade fee. In that way of thinking I would assume that Best Buy would also be a 3rd party but I've never been charged an upgrade fee with them (maybe it's the fact that I'm on an old plan). And the one line on my account that was upgraded via Apple directly wasn't charged an upgrade fee either (Again that may be because of the plan). 

0 Likes
COSVAL56

Spoke w Verizon. They say it is a new plan with payments for the phone And an upgrade charge.

I paid for the phone in full!

I am not upgrading!

Verizon would NOT provide me with a detail listing of the excess charges

Verizon insisted I tell them how much I paid for the phone. I told them it is none of their business. I purchased it and paid in full

Verizon finally told me I was speaking with the wrong people. I had to speak with Apple.

I'm on my way to Apple in a few minutes.

I am NOT a happy customer and will make it a point to let everyone know what I think of Verizon customer service.

Try to find the truth - it's hard to do these days

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your paper bill or the PDF copy does in fact have a line by line breakdown of the charges. You need to look at the detailed bill and not the summary.

How much did you pay for the new phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
COSVAL56

I just visited Apple. They recorded the transaction incorrectly. They are fixing it.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The reason they were asking the amount you paid was to help identify if you indeed did pay on full ($769/$869/$969) or if you paid the 2 year contract price which is NOT in full...or if you were set up with device payment plan. If you paid less than the amount I posted above (not counting any trade-in value of a device you may have put towards it or some sort of deal that may have been going on to give you a certain amount off of the full retail price) then you probably didn't pay for it in full like you think. Hopefully wha is going on will be cleared up with Apple since that's where you purchased.

COSVAL56

Apple is fixing the problem.

0 Likes