Why did my Employer discount decrease?
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

I just needed to confirm.  My Employer Discount went from 19% to 13%.  Is this something that VZW controls or is this the agreement my employer has setup with VZW?  I never received any notification from my employer that this was being lowered and I don't recall any notification from VZW either.  Is this something VZW can address or do I need to contact my employer/HR for this?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Employer Discount Lower Rate
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Contact HR at your place of employment to verify it's correct and that Verizon didn't make a mistake; chances are good it's just a change of contract with your employer and Verizon.

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

It's an agreement between Verizon and the employer.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Contact HR at your place of employment to verify it's correct and that Verizon didn't make a mistake; chances are good it's just a change of contract with your employer and Verizon.

Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you, I'll do that.  I appreciate your assistance.

0 Likes
ehiller

I do not recall receiving notice that my employer discount needs to be revalidated. I have had discovered only after noticing that my monthly rate increased and then going to "My Verizon" and seeing the notice. I have read that this can take months before taking effect. Will the discount be applied retroactively for the months between since I have not changed employers?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No, it is not applied retroactively. It is possible your spam filter removed the notice and was automatically deleted before you checked your spam folder.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You could call in to have it reactivated. Mine showed up in a matter of minutes once I supplied them the work e-mail and found the verification e-mail and selected it.

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

This was resolved.  It was lowered because I didn't re-confirm my employment with Verizon.  After re-confirming, my discount went back to where it was supposed to be.  I called Verizon and the rep, who was very friendly, credited me for the additional charges so that my bill was the same.  Too bad I'm leaving Verizon now though since they're screwing over unlimited data customers.

0 Likes