Why did Verizon not tell customers they would lose service when 3 yr roaming contract with AT&T expired?
seeker007

I have been a Verizon customer for 12 years.  I live in a remote area but always had good reception in town. Verizon used AT&T towers for roaming and they have known for 3 years that the AT&T contract would expire on 6/23/13, however they never notified customers of this at all!  I upgraded to a new phone in April and on 6/23/13 I lost all reception; I can no longer make/receive calls/texts, no internet, nothing but yet my monthly bill arrives on time and I pay it on time.  I have contacted Customer Support on a weekly basis.  They brought in a portable tower (called a COW) and I still have no service.  My issue is Verizon has known of the expiration of the contract with AT&T for 3 years yet they never notified customers, they have plans to build a tower in my area, but can't tell me when it will go live, their COW doesn't work with a darn.  I upgraded to a new phone in April and I'm now out all that money for a Droid Maxx HD that is only compatible with Verizon, I spend countless hours every week trying to get answers regarding when I will have service again and they can't tell me diddly, nor can they tell me who to call so I can work my way up the food chain.  I'm pretty firm about not switching over to AT&T for many reasons.  I'm told this outage has effected thousands of customers in a multi-state region yet I can't find anything on the internet about it.

Is anyone out there experiencing these issues and if so have you been able to get a phone number or address to get more answers than the limited tech support will provide?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did Verizon not tell customers they would lose service when 3 yr roaming contract with AT&T expired?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What zip code are you located in?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why did Verizon not tell customers they would lose service when 3 yr roaming contract with AT&T expired?
seeker007

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Boy, does the coverage map indicate a dead spot for that area! I feel for you and your situation. I can see there is supposedly a spot for extended digital voice coverage in the area of Hulett, WY. There also appears to be a 4G LTE tower and signal for that area. If you get any signal, it might only be data.

I guess I would suggest calling Verizon from a landline or another carrier's phone at 1-800-922-0204 and asking about the "COW" tower and let them know that voice doesn't work. I don't know what else to suggest to improve your chances of getting a signal in the meantime.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
seeker007

The coverage map for both Verizon and AT&T have always showed this area as a dead zone but I've lived here 3 years and had good service.....until AT&T cut off roaming to other carriers.   I DO call Verizon weekly from my land line but no one can ever provide me with a straight answer.  Another bill arrived yesterday for full charges....so much for the 2 people who said my account would be credited!  They have also been told their COW isn't working.  Just very frustrating that I can't get a true, straight or correct answer from anyone at Verizon. 

0 Likes