Why did Verizon charge me for 19 MB when I didn't USE 19 MB?
sweeneybrandon

Okay, what happened was, yesterday, my dad let me buy Guitar Hero: World Tour. I told him that it'd be around 20 dollars for the entire thing, cause I don't have unlimited MB usage. He said okay, and I downloaded it. i got the Unlimited Access one for $11.99 and the actual game is 2.22 MB, so that's an extra $4 and some change. But when I first played it, the data session icon was on and I was like, why? (When I saw the data session icon on, I just thought that it was nothing or maybe I was getting a multimedia message.) But today, I got on My Verizon and saw that I racked up a 19 MB total. And I saw that about the time that I played, it added 1 to 5 MB each time. I played some more this morning, BEFORE I logged onto My Verizon on the computer, so I'll probably have about 8 MORE MB added to my total. So I now owe my dad about $50 and I wanna know why this happened.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why did Verizon charge me for 19 MB when I didn't USE 19 MB?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
The Guitar Hero game will use MBs to connect to download new songs and update your score to the web. So everytime you download new songs to play that's charging you MBs. What you should do is have them backdate the Vpak for $15 which gives you unlimited data. That way you're only paying $15 + the game $11.99, intead of $50+ for everything.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
The Guitar Hero game will use MBs to connect to download new songs and update your score to the web. So everytime you download new songs to play that's charging you MBs. What you should do is have them backdate the Vpak for $15 which gives you unlimited data. That way you're only paying $15 + the game $11.99, intead of $50+ for everything.
0 Likes
sweeneybrandon
Thanks... Well, I knew there was something odd going on... I just won't play the game again... Oh well. I'm never downloading anything else from Verizon ever again unless it's a software update.
0 Likes
Helawat
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you do a software upgrade, that will incur MB usage as well......unless you have Vcast Vpack.

0 Likes