Why did I get an email from the fraud dept saying my order is on hold, told to call a number, and then told by dept it's not true?
slw51

I placed an order to upgrade my phone yesterday, and the order went through, I was told the new phone would arrive Thursday. After I got home from work today I saw an email from Verizon that says "Dear Customer:

Verizon Fraud Prevention Team is currently reviewing the following order on your wireless account. Please call the Verizon Fraud Prevention Team at 888-483-7200 option 3, press 1 to verify this Order."

I called this number immediately, since I need this phone ASAP, assuming it would just be a recording and I would have to verify an account number or something. But instead, after following the instructions, I was put on hold because I needed to speak to someone in person. After several instances of my call being cut off after being on hold for at least half an hour, I finally got through after three hours and was able to speak to a fraud representative. I gave her my info and told her the problem and she told me I had called the wrong department. Instead of the fraud department, I needed the online order department. She transferred me, and I waited on hold again. When the representative from the online order dept picked up, she first told me if it was a fraud issue I'd need to speak with the fraud dept - who had JUST transferred me to her. After this, she said that my order is not on hold, because it hasn't even been processed yet or had the credit check done. When I asked if this meant I hadn't needed to call at all, she said yes. Is this actually true or is there a chance that there's an issue with my order I don't know about? If there is no issue, these emails really shouldn't be sent out, they're incredibly misleading, and I've wasted a whole lot of time and experienced an incredible amount of anxiety for no reason.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did I get an email from the fraud dept saying my order is on hold, told to call a number, and then told by dept it's not true?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello slw51!

I'm so sorry for any issues with your order! Since posting, has your issue been resolved? You can check http://vz.to/1ppeDLI to see about the order. Please let me know what that link tells you. I'm sure we can help with a resolution.

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why did I get an email from the fraud dept saying my order is on hold, told to call a number, and then told by dept it's not true?
slw51

Hi.  I checked on the order and it says the order is currently being processed and I should check back tomorrow. I'm mostly just concerned because I got an email saying the order was on hold, and I want to make sure it actually does go through and I'm not just waiting for a delivery that's not going to come. I'm still confused as to why I'd get an email saying I had to call the fraud department only to be told I shouldn't have called the fraud department.

0 Likes
lynseyrae

I have had the same issue with upgrading my device but I first got an email stating that more information was needed for the application to upgrade then I got an email saying that my order has been canceled because my order couldn't be validated with the information provided but then I try to go put in a new order to upgrade my phone and it says I already have an upgrade order pending so I have no clue what is going on with my order but I just want to pay off the remainder balance and upgrade my phone. I really need to upgrade asap I have been waiting since July 6th to get a device I was told that I would have in 2 days. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes