Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,154 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Why cant i get my email in brookneal virginia 24528?
Ezzzzzzz

I get some, not all emails, in Portsmouth Virginia 23707. I get no emails in Brookneal Virginia 24528. I do get internet at 4g and 2 bars. I can call and receive calls. No email although there is a Shentel cell tower in line of sight, about 4 miles, from our farm. We are moving here permanently in 4 weeks. No email is a big issue. Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why cant i get my email in brookneal virginia 24528?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Ezzzzzzz. We're happy to help you here, what sort of Email are you using?

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
Ezzzzzzz

I'm using cox e-mail. I never get all of these e-mails no matter my location. When in Brookneal Va I get no e-mail. Will using G-mail solve my issue?

0 Likes
joelr_vzw
Verizon Employee

Ezzzzzzz, it’s essential that you get all of your emails. We’re not showing any active alerts in that area, but it sounds like this has been going on for a while. To confirm, when did this start? On your first message, you say that you get internet in Brookneal. Does this mean that you’re able to browse online with your Wi-Fi off? Are you able to receive emails from other email providers? If you don’t have another email address, could you create one and test it there?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ezzzzzzz

Not receiving all of my Cox e-mails on my Verizon G6 phone has been an ongoing issue for years. It never mattered as I am able to see all e-mail when on my PC. There are no WiFi or DSL service providers in the outskirts of Brookneal Virginia 24528. The only options are HughesNet ( an expensive and horrible provider) or cellphone service. I get no Cox e-mail in Brookneal Virginia. I haven't used G-mail in years but think, based on my wife's experience, that it may be my only option. I can browse the internet on my Verizon G6 phone without wireless as I get 4G with 2 bars on the farm. My wife is a school teacher and spends many hours on the internet. Poor service for her is detrimental. My wife is using Sprint and gets all of her G-mail but none of her Yahoo e-mail. She does get all of her Yahoo e-mails in Portsmouth Virginia 23707. I am considering using a Jet Pack or Fusion on the farm but haven't investigated whether it is cost effective or reliable. From what I have read and speaking to my nearest neighbors, research scientists, Verizon overcharges/throttles service and is inconsistent. They often must travel into the town's library to benefit from the wireless network in order to perform their work. 

0 Likes
johntr_vzw
Verizon Employee

Ezzzzzzz, thanks for providing those details. To help clarify a few things, we've got a variety of plans which can be used with a Jetpack or Home Fusion device. Some plans have fixed data amounts where you wouldn't encounter any reduced speeds, but if you did go over the allotted data, you might have an overage. There are also unlimited options which provide for an amount of data use at 4G/LTE speeds up to 15 GB of usage (20 GB on the Above Unlimited plan), and then the speed would transition to 600 KBS (about 3G speed) remaining unlimited.

I understand where you're coming from with your thoughts about the data. The LTE network is a resource shared by all VZW customers. Each type of customer has guidelines in which they operate. This is an industry practice, with each carrier choosing to manage the network in different ways. Some choose to have the limit set per line others for the combined account usage, and they then either prioritize usage or throttle it immediately.

To find the right plan for your needs Ezzzzzz, how would your wife need to use data while at home?

JohnTr_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ezzzzzzz

Research mostly. Lots of reading and downloading documents. I do the same thing but not to the extent she does. Some streaming for work and entertainment.

0 Likes