Why can't Verizon stop it's incorrect text messages
DRHoyt3540

Two months ago, I started getting text messages from Verizon.   I had not made any changes in my account.

I have received 80 of these text messages, the only variation being the number listed.   Here is the text:

"Free VZW Msg: Mobile number ########## on your account has registered for My Verizon access.  If you believe this is an error, please call us at (800) 922-0204."

Since the numbers listed were not mine, I called the toll free number to report this.  I was told that Verizon could not address it, as this number was no a corporate account.  I called the company phone shop, and they have no idea, and are all the more puzzled since not all of the phone numbers listed are under the corporate account.  They keep telling me that they are working with the Verizon representative to fix this ... but two months, and 80 text messages later ... they still keep coming!

Is my only option to drop Verizon?   If I do, but port my number over to another carrier, will I still get the Verizon text messages?

It really seems like someone should be able to figure this out!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't Verizon stop it's incorrect text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help you get this issues resolved! Unwanted messages can be irritating. I apologize for the experience. The first thing would be identifying the origin of the messages. When you called in, was it confirmed that they weren't spam or spoofing messages? We wouldn't want to lose you as a customer. Especially due to this.

BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DRHoyt3540

Here is the reality. I have now learned that for some unknown reason, my cell number became the notification number for every new number added to the corporate account - University of Nebraska-Lincoln. So, every time anyone on the corporate account sets up a My Verizon account, I get a text message!

Now, here is what baffles me about Verizon. You know what the problem is, but you cannot fix it? I am still getting text messages, two today!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like your number is associated with the account owner of the business plan for university. I don't know if your business account representative would have some ideas on how to curb the notifications.

Side note: Go Big Red!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the time you have spent troubleshooting this concern. I have sent you a Direct Message so that we can offer you more personalized support to get to the bottom of this.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes