Why can't Verizon help when my phone has no service where there IS service for everyone else on Verizon?
evemary

I have just been on hold with Verizon tech support for an hour and then they terminated the call without ever connecting me to anyone. I have made 4 calls on this issue and was on hold for more than 30 minutes each time. Nobody could assist because I was on a land line. The last person told me to go where there was another cell phone and then call tech support. I did that but no tech support available. They kept saying "sorry you are still having trouble, goodbye." My home is served by a land line and I live where there is NO cell phone service. I rely on my cell phone when I go to town or are on the road. I found out last week that my phone is no longer finding service. It may have not been in service for more than a month and I never noticed. Perhaps its activation got screwed up when I looked into upgrading on the web not and did not or perhaps Verizon is forcing me to upgrade by cutting me off. Now I have no service anywhere and can't get any human assistance. Does anyone out there have an email address I can write to?  I will keep calling next week but THERE IS NO VERIZON SUPPORT ON HOLIDAYS or WEEKENDS.  There is no real online help for my device. My bill is current.  HELP!!! Verizon should deduct by bill (I'll accept the minimum wage) for every hour I spend on hold or talking to tech support people who can't offer any support.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't Verizon help when my phone has no service where there IS service for everyone else on Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

evemary,
I apologize for your inconvenience that you are having with you phone. We are here to help you.  We would want to have you try and program your phone by dialing *228 option 1. If that still does not work we will do a manual program.  We would need you to contact Verizon by dialing 800-922-0204. They are open from 6am-12pm CST. We are open 7 days a week. You can also contact us on Facebook or twitter.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why can't Verizon help when my phone has no service where there IS service for everyone else on Verizon?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone do you have? The possible steps to try will depend on the phone model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Why can't Verizon help when my phone has no service where there IS service for everyone else on Verizon?
evemary

LG enV 3 as indicated on my account. I tried the online advice. There  is no help there either.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

evemary wrote:

LG enV 3 as indicated on my account. I tried the online advice. There  is no help there either.

This is a peer to peer customer forum. We customers can't see your account. Just our own account.

When was the last time you updated your phone's programming and preferred roaming list? When you are connected to a strong Verizon Wireless signal, dial *228, option 1 and then 2.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

evemary,
I apologize for your inconvenience that you are having with you phone. We are here to help you.  We would want to have you try and program your phone by dialing *228 option 1. If that still does not work we will do a manual program.  We would need you to contact Verizon by dialing 800-922-0204. They are open from 6am-12pm CST. We are open 7 days a week. You can also contact us on Facebook or twitter.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes