Why can't I upgrade my phone?
kiakevin

I'm on a family plan and have had the Motorola Droid (A855) since 2009 but Verizon is telling me that I cannot upgrade my phone till 2014. I don't have enough money to buy any smartphone for full price, so why are they telling me this when I previously had an upgrade available but haven't upgraded my phone since 2009?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I upgrade my phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did someone else on the family plan use your upgrade?  Has anyone upgraded recently?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kiakevin

Yes (this family member used the upgrade) but I was not aware that you could use someone else's upgrade on the same plan. Does this mean that I'm stuck with the same phone I've had for 3 years for another 2 years? I can't afford a $700 phone.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Yup.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

kiakevin wrote:

Yes (this family member used the upgrade) but I was not aware that you could use someone else's upgrade on the same plan. Does this mean that I'm stuck with the same phone I've had for 3 years for another 2 years? I can't afford a $700 phone.

Is that person now eligible for an upgrade?  Any of the other lines eligible?  You can use their upgrade.  Just let them know what you are doing and WHY.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

Steal somebody elses upgrade on your account.  Otherwise, yes you are "stuck".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, kiakevin-

We do allow users with in the same Family Share plan to swap upgrades with each other. If another line on the account is eligible to upgrade, then you may be able to use that upgrade to your line. Login to vzw.com/myverizon for more information on upgrade eligibility! Keep us posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes