Why can't I restore a conversation thread I deleted this morning?
ELATOO86
Enthusiast - Level 2

This morning I got a couple a weird texts from someone that showed up as "Kyle". This was weird from the get go because I don't know anybody named Kyle, there is no Kyle in my contacts and usually the only time a name shows up instead of a phone number is when that number is actually saved in my contacts under that name. I know the messages weren't just a server glitch that caused somebody's old messages to be sent to my phone (this has happened to me before) because I responded to one of the texts and "Kyle" responded almost immediately acting like I should remember who he is (he said he was one of my coworkers but there is nobody named Kyle at the store I work at)

I deleted the message thread without thinking about it, but my sister asked to see the messages so I went to restore them i couldn't. I have tried every method I could find of restoring them but nothing. My sister says that maybe I couldn't restore them because a "ghost" was texting me, but I seriously doubt that. There has to be a way to retrieve the messages or view them online? I know there used to be a way to go online to see messages that were deleted (my mom used to do this to me all the time) so how do I get on to see these messages again?

I use messages+ as my default messaging app and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy s7 (fully updated) if that helps.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I restore a conversation thread I deleted this morning?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the Verizon Cloud through your MyVerizon account online, to see if they were backed up there?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ELATOO86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked and they weren't backed up there either, that's actually why I made the post... I had no idea where else to check

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they aren't in the cloud and you didn't have a third party application that backs up the text messages, then the messages are gone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes