Re: Why can't I get through to a live person?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tabata, we regret the trouble you've had contacting us by phone for support. Your business is appreciated & we wouldn't want you to think about leaving us. This is never the experience we want for our customers. That is definitely odd that you were receiving that announcement when you called, as we were open. We do have a few other avenues of support if you have this same problem in the future. We have a Live Chat option (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/#LiveChat), or you can contact us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/verizon) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/vzwsupport?lang=en).

Congratulations on your new phone! We want to make sure you get your new phone activated, so we're right here to help. Please take a look at this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209087/ which provides you with steps on how to go through the activation. Can you please tell us the hurdles that you're running into when going through those steps?

AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
Fultss

My phone is stolen - police have tracked it but not been able to get it should I erase the phone?

I need a live person. Have been on hold multiple times for up to 1.5 hours at a time only to be cut off. WORST SERVICE EVER...

I have NEVER been this frustrated.

0 Likes
Fultss

seriously ?? the answer to this from verizon was to follow them on twitter?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fultss, 

We know how upsetting it can be to have your phone stolen. We are sorry about our long hold times. We have limited hours and reduced staff at this time. We recommended Twitter and/or Facebook because there is less wait times. Did you still need assistance?

JenelleW_VZW

0 Likes
Brett75

There is a trick to getting a live person. When the prompt asks you your reason for calling, just reply "Cancel Service" or "Cancel Verizon" and then you get a real person....and quickly! 🙂 That person can then help you with whatever your problem is. 

0 Likes
Leslie63
Enthusiast - Level 2

And that is a bunch of hooey.  It takes 45 minutes to get a live person.  Heaven forbid they have to transfer you to a tech person as that is another 45 minutes.  The billing goes up, the service goes down, and the customer service is going out the door.  30 year plus with Verizon and I am counting the months until I can say adios.  I'd just take a trak phone and pre pay $50/month for svc as that is the type of service and phone I seem to really have from Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leslie63, we thank you for being in the Verizon family over 30-years and we look forward to working with you for years to come. We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing signal problems in your home and that it has taken some time connecting with us. We can assist you here, we'll send you a Private Message.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
Dale1111
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well no that’s doesn’t work because when you hit o the system politely thanks you for calling and hangs up. 

unfortunately Verizon is not a real company but is a company pretending to be one. I for one have had it with this second rate outfit.

Pretty sure I will be dropping my half a dozen lines tomorrow.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dale1111, the last thing that we want is for your to leave the Verizon family, and would like to help to help turn this around. I have sent you a Private Note, so that we can continue our conversation privately, so that we can figure out how to resolve this as quickly as possible. 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
iugugbhjb

8 pm EST.

on the phone with verizon system , pressing  0, etc ...nothing

chat: I say add smartwatch and provide EMI , chat says live person "hello .... how can I help you" and then nothing for the next hour

I tried multiple times the chat, multiple times the phone support, press 1,2,3,4, 0 etc you name it.

Usually I don't say much and there was an option to schedule a call for TOMORROW 10 30 AM

Now I have to wait 14 hours for a call back.

Verizon was known for cusotmer service. the ads say you have a network behind us.

well apparently, you have a broken Chat system , no phone support and second day live agents

Verizon service was great since ever until now. VERIZON BECAME HORRIBLE.

0 Likes