Why can't I block numbers?
BG5567
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to a support forum to find out how I block numbers so they can't call or text me. On the page was a link to the free blocking service but the link keeps redirecting me to www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/forbidden.jsp. I really don't know what to do at this point and I don't know why it keeps redirecting me. It is really important that I get this number blocked as soon as possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I block numbers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Look no further help is here BG5567. I can certainly understand how upsetting this has been for you. We can definitely help get those numbers blocked.

Are you able to log in to your online My Verizon account? If so, you can go to http://vz.to/1M5c4ZO and sign in using your My Verizon log in info and it will direct you right to the section where you can block numbers. You can block up to 5 numbers for free. This will blocks calls and text messages from the numbers you put on the list.

You can also visit http://vz.to/1tXuVgD to view all the ways you cal block numbers on your line. Inclusing a video where it shows you how to add numbers to your blocked numbers list via My Verizon.

Keep us posted if you still need assistance.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BG5567
Enthusiast - Level 1

It still redirects me to "www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/forbidden.jsp".

Is it because I use prepaid cards? Because, on the page it says
"Prepaid Customers, Please click below to manage your wireless account and service on My Verizon."

Clicking the "continue to my verizon" button below just sends me back to my account page.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't believe prepaid customers can block phone numbers from calling or texting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How about using an app to block numbers?  Pre-paid may not be able to use Verizon's service to block, but there are apps that will do so:

block callers from calling and texting - Google Play

BG5567
Enthusiast - Level 1

I didn't want to have to download an app because they usually have you change your default messenger to block texts. But it looks like it's all I can do. Thanks anyway!

0 Likes
PhxGuy1

I am not sure what you mean by block. but I have an S5 Androis OS and I add the number to  my contacts and then once they are added I click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then select add to auto reject list. After that, my phone never rings for them and I think they get sent straight to VM, which they never leave. It's not a complete block, but they cannot bother you then.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A full block which Verizon Wireless offers for postpaid accounts for free up to five phone numbers will not let calls from the blocked numbers even reach your voicemail or the text message application. If a number you have blocked attempts to call you, they get a message indicating that the number you are trying to reach has calling restrictions on the line and the call can't be completed or something to that affect.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Soshi

The link provided to block numbers says "service not available".  I blocked one number 3 months ago but the block has expired.  Is something wrong with the link?

0 Likes
T_Vixen

The free Block Calls service... is not a service at all. It doesn't work and won't work. I have tred reinstalling the Verizon Account software.. I've tried to do it from the Verizon Website.. I get the same error msg around the clock everyday ( the amt of times this person calls and texts)  makes me want to switch service. I pay a lot per month, just for my line and I have to deal with this caller .. and PLEASE don't tell me incandescent upgrade and add a service to stop the calls... especially if it's supposed to be free..

0 Likes