Re: Why aren't deals applicable for existing customers?
4Clarice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you kidding!  None of the “good” deals apply to people in our position.  My husband and I have been with Verizon for 34 years.  Why isn’t the buy one iPhone xs, get one free available to me without having to add a line!  Why isn’t my husband able to upgrade his iphone 5 to a 7 for $5.00 a month, without having to add a line?  All the “good” deals do not apply to us.  We are over 65 and don’t need a 3rd line!  I’m not surprised Verizon customers are looking elsewhere.  You only offer  incentives to new customers.  You couldn’t care less about the loyal ones.  You actually think the feeble rewards program or $100.00 off an $800 phone makes up for that.  Shame on you!

4Clarice
Enthusiast - Level 2

It may seem that way, but I have called Verizon wireless a few times over the years to voice my displeasure and they have always come through for me.  When I finally got through to a live person yesterday,  I told the Rep, straight out, that I was planning on switching to another carrier.  He told me to have a good day 😂

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

4Clarice, please know that we truly value you as such a loyal customer. We never want you to consider leaving us! Have you reached out and talked to us, personally? I'm sure we have something available for you. 

I understand that a lot of our current deals are geared towards new customers, or adding new lines. Prices and promotions are subject to change at any time. I personally, am always looking for the best deals for my family, as I'm a consumer as well. Please send us a Direct Message to better assist you. 

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
4Clarice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for responding.  That is a surprise.  Yes, I have reached out.  When I finally did reach a “live” person yesterday (no easy task) the rep told me the only special available for upgrade was my husband could upgrade his iphone 5 to an iphone 7 for $5.00 a month, but had to add a line.  I told him I was considering changing companies.  He told me to have a good day?  I am a retiree of Verizon and if I ever hsndled a call like that, I would have been fired.  But, that wad a different time.  The customer came first!  This morning I saw the bogo for the Iphone xs!  That was exciting!  Again, have to add a line!  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate these details, 4Clarice. I'm so sorry for how you were treated over the phone. I would be just as upset. 

Please send us a Direct Message, (Private), so that we can better assist you. 

Thank you, 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
4Clarice
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I send you a private msg?

0 Likes
MBKSYS
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have been with Vzw for 21 years, and the customer reps always worked with me on dome kind of deal or compromise..... until a couple years ago. Now they cater to new line customers, why??

Well I am finally leaving Vzw after 21 years, they just don't give a flying frug about existing customers anymore

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MBKSYS, before anything, thanks for your 21 years of loyalty to the company, we appreciate your business. The last thing we want is for you to consider leaving. You can rest assured we value all our customers. Please tell us more, how can we aid you with your service?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes