Why are loyal customers going to pay more then new customers??
Jim759
Enthusiast - Level 2

So Verizonwireless is changing the way it is doing business and making plans for new customers cheaper and better. I chat today with a rep to try to lock into one of the newer lower cost plans. Being a loyal customer for many years I would have thought they would offer the best plans. I was wrong current customers cannot get the better plans at the cheaper cost. Pricing is different and more expensive for current customers!! I guess it is time to shop at other companies!!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why are loyal customers going to pay more then new customers??
Weth
Legend

The new plans are not really cheaper, just shifting the costs.

You pay $40 access fee, but the phone is included in that price. Contract 2 years.

New people pay $20 access fee, but the phone IS NOT included, and must pay a monthly fee averaging $20 per month for the phone for 2 years. SAME $40 really, just separated out into individual costs. You are actually getting no worse or no better of a deal.

View solution in original post

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

This has been discussed at length. If you are currently in a contract then you have to complete the terms of your contract (the $40 access fee) so in that case, yes you will have to pay $20 more. Has nothing to do with loyalty and everything to do with completing the terms of your existing contract. New plans do not negate a contract already in play. If you're referring to something different than the $40 access fee then please specify.

Weth
Legend

The new plans are not really cheaper, just shifting the costs.

You pay $40 access fee, but the phone is included in that price. Contract 2 years.

New people pay $20 access fee, but the phone IS NOT included, and must pay a monthly fee averaging $20 per month for the phone for 2 years. SAME $40 really, just separated out into individual costs. You are actually getting no worse or no better of a deal.

ik8tey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel the same way.  I've been a Verizon customer since they were Bell Atlantic Mobile.  My Droid 4 is dying and I feel like I should get a better deal than the people who left Verizon and came back.  Nope.  Nope.  Nope.  Customer loyalty is actually a drawback.  I think I'll just have them replace it with a refurbbed one which hopefully won't be psychotic.

Tidbits
Legend

You understand it's equal they are not being treated better than you. You have the same options if you are out of contract... If you are under contract then you already took that present deal and you'll get the same deal when you completed your contract. How can you be loyal when you signed a contract which is something I can never understand.

Jim759
Enthusiast - Level 2

Loyalty titbits means you have remained with the same company for many years for me that is over a decade. How long have you been a customer?? I do not know if you have seen advertisements for other cell services but most of them will buy out your Verizonwireless contract. So essentially the contract is meaningless except to Verizonwireless who will not even buy out there own contract to retain customers.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Jim759 wrote:

Loyalty titbits means you have remained with the same company for many years for me that is over a decade. How long have you been a customer?? I do not know if you have seen advertisements for other cell services but most of them will buy out your Verizonwireless contract. So essentially the contract is meaningless except to Verizonwireless who will not even buy out there own contract to retain customers.

Many of the informed customers on here have been with Verizon for awhile.

Yes, some other providers offer to buy out your Verizon contract for your less than $350 ETF. For this to happen, you have to turn in your Verizon phone AND purchase a new phone from your new provider at a cost of $500-$800. I personally don't see the monetary incentive. YES, your service may be a bit less expensive. YES, your coverage may be a bit less. YES, you will either pay a BIG chunk of money for a new phone up front OR have monthly device payments which will wipe out most if not ALL of your savings. YES, you can go right ahead and do this if you want. Many on these forums are happy with their service and will be staying.

For what it is worth, I look at the competition EVERY time I look to purchase a new phone. IF/WHEN a competing provider can give me the same coverage at a comparable/lower price, I will be HAPPY to do so. Some smoke and mirror offer to pay my ETF will not make me do so, though, because when you look at the ENTIRE offer it will be quite expensive to take their offer. Fact is, 3 of my 4 lines are CURRENTLY out of contract with the final line soon to be out of contract. My monthly service bill is $178 with 15 GB of shared data and that amount will DROP when the final line is out of contract.

Weth
Legend

With large corporations, loyalty is just another marketing term.  Makes you feel warm and fuzzy. It always involves more continued profit for the company.  Real loyalty involves no contracts or agreements, like friends and dogs. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ik8tey,

We truly value your long time loyalty and want to help. Having a reliable phone is definitely important. Let's bring your phone back to life.

What specific issues are you having with your Droid 4? How long have you had this phone?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jim759
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow you sent this to the wrong customer. But the original ? was mine.

My phones are ok my plan is not. Heading to the Sprint store this weekend. They have a great plan and will pay my fee to Verizon Wireless so I may have to give them a try. After close to 15 years with Verizon wireless I was surprised that for $17 per month difference your company will lose my loyalty. That is all I asked for was your newer plan with the 6gb of shared data. Only $17 cheaper then my current plan but Verizon wireless will not allow me there new plan.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes