Re: Why are Verizon customers in rural areas paying for a service they are not getting, and why doesn't Verizon improve its service when so many customers are complaining?
YOUNGSCREEK

I would have already changed, if there was another carrier who provided decent service.

0 Likes
Re: Why are Verizon customers in rural areas paying for a service they are not getting, and why doesn't Verizon improve its service when so many customers are complaining?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

YOUNGSCREEK wrote:

I have an LG VS425. Right now, I am showing 3 bars for 3G -87dBm and 3 bars for 1X -85dBm.

That is a GREAT signal strength.  For example, I currently have -101 dBm for 4G and -92 dBm for 1xRTT.  I can make and receive calls with my phone at my location.  Perhaps your problem is the cheap low end LG K4 smartphone you are using.  The antennas in the phones are not always placed in the best way that how you hold it can affect the signal.  Or the SIM card is bad.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

YOUNGSCREEK wrote:

With today's technology, there is no reason that anyone should have to be without reliable cellular service except for money--Verizon chooses not to improve it's service, because it would cost money.

This is just SO wrong. What about the local, state and federal government red tape which Verizon must jump thru? What about the environmental activist groups which petition local, state and federal government bodies to prevent Verizon from erecting more towers which would give you the service you would like.

Verizon may the the best service in the area, but that does not mean that it will be, or even can be without prohibitive costs, equal to service in other areas. Sometimes there are compromises to be made in order to enjoy what you choose to enjoy. Living or vacationing on the eastern shore of Virginia just happens to come with some of those compromises.

You can always choose to have a satellite phone which would provide you with service REGARDLESS where you are located. THAT would be because of "today's technology"! Of course YOU choose not to get that service, because it would cost YOU money.

Iridium Service Plans and Airtime | SatellitePhoneStore

"Today's technology" will get you a more comprehensive service on Virginia's eastern shore. There is your other provider with better coverage. Will you choose to move to a better service provider, or stay where you are because to you, "it would cost money"????

0 Likes
YOUNGSCREEK

We are limited to the choices we have, and Verizon is the better choice, even though we are not getting the services we are paying for.

0 Likes
YOUNGSCREEK

Yes, it's a good signal strength, but it drops mostly to one bar, as soon as I dial a number, and it fluctuates during the call, causing the person on the other end to only hear about every three words I say

0 Likes
YOUNGSCREEK

Which phone would you recommend?  I recently asked, during one of my many phone calls to Verizon, which phones had the best antennas and was told by the Verizon rep that there is little difference in the antennas in the phones.  Is this not true?  And I just got the LG VS425 this spring on the recommendation of another Verizon rep, who told me I would see a big difference in being able to receive and send calls with it, and it's worse than the old Motorola flip phone that I had. 

0 Likes