Highlighted

Why am I still being charged for returned phones?

Recently my Note 2 died unexpectedly.  I was informed by Best Buy that under the warranty I could not get a new Note 2, but instead could only get a refurbished one, with no guarantee, and it would take a week to arrive.  However, the salesman at Best Buy informed me that I could use my warranty to get the refurbished phone, which I could then send in to get my credit toward a new Note 4, which I did.  So as soon as I received the new refurbished phone, I took the refurb and dead phones to the UPS store and shipped them out.  The tracking numbers for both shipments confirm that they were received within the allowed time. 

Fast forward four weeks and I get e-mails from Verizon saying they did not recieve my refurbished phone or the dead one, so they are going to charge me the full price for a "new" Note 2.  I contacted them and sent them the tracking numbers and the information on confirmation of delivery from UPS.  Several weeks later I get my bill and there is a $250 charge on my bill.  So I again contact customer service and after some delays the woman I spoke too said she had verified that the phones had indeed been received and that it would take 4 to 6 weeks for the charges to be reversed on my bill.  Since I was on auto-pay, and didn't want to have to pay $250 that I would then have to fight to get back, she said she had turned off my autopay for that next month and to use the make a payment feature to pay for the amount that my normal bill would have been without the incorrect $250 charge, which I did.

Fast forward another four weeks and I discover that my autopay was completely shut off, not just for one month, the credits still have not been applied, but now they are charging me late fees.  This is beyond ridiculous!!!  What does it take to get your accounting straightened out?  I should not have to pay late fees for not paying charges that were not correct to begin with.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why am I still being charged for returned phones?

Customer Support

We should have gotten it right from the beginning, Shewolf925. I have sent you a Direct Message so that we can ensure this is resolved once and for all. I look forward to working with you further.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Highlighted

Re: Why am I still being charged for returned phones?

Leader

This is happening WAY too much. I hope Verizon is able to resolve this for you.

0 Likes