Why am I receiving incorrect data usage messages?
CorrieB

For the second month in a row (and yes, we've had the account for two months), I am receiving text alerts that I have used 100% of my data allowance when my account shows that I haven't even used a quarter of it. What's causing this, and how do I fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I receiving incorrect data usage messages?
Not applicable

Welcome to Verizon Wireless the home of the we gotcha!

Check the data usage on your device and at the verizon online portal. See if they match or are close in usage.

You see you control the alerts from the web portal. However I sincerely doubt most of the customers on these shared or metered data plans are actually using those amounts. These plans are cash flow bonanzas for verizon wireless.

They get you in two ways. First in data overage costs, and if you upgrade to higher limits its more money. Gotcha!

Read the numerous threads at the forums and or just Google it. Be amazed.

Good Luck

0 Likes
CorrieB

Not helpful. I've already checked on my phone and on my account through the website (duh). I'll just wait until someone who has useful advice to share posts an answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Duh? I am not the one who has data issues!

When you get your invoice and it shows you owe more money for what you are claiming is incorrect then post back with the complaint.

Call *611 or 1-800-922-0204 and ask Verizon Wireless Customer Service what to do. (This is your helpful answer)

This forum is customer to customer help. Very rare to get customer service to actually help you. Mainly a pitch to buy more data allowance, or to use WiFi where to available.

Again Good Luck

0 Likes
jkontvis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had exactly the same issue as you.  Last night I received 2 data usage alerts at exactly the same time (1:36am Central time).  I was connected to wifi, and asleep, and all my apps were killed.   The first text message said that I had used 89% of my data, the second one said that I had used it all. 

I logged in to my account to check and I have only used a little over 50% of my data. 

Could someone from Verizon explain what is happening please?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jkontvis,

Keeping track of your data usage is definitely important, and getting the correct usage alerts is a must! Let's take a closer look at what's going on.

Did you recently change your plan? Has your bill cycle recently end? I can definitely take a look at your account and see what happened. Please follow me, JohnB_VZW, and send me a private message so I may further assist you.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes