Why am I paying for Full Coverage Insurance on my phone?
joejoe1449
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Full Coverage Insurance for my Galaxy S5 but when I went to replace it(cracked screen) it costs $99+. So why exactly am I paying for insurance?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am I paying for Full Coverage Insurance on my phone?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Your phone costs $650 to replace without an upgrade or insurance. This is why you pay for insurance. You pay the $99 deductible and the insurance company pays the $550 difference. Same as your car. You damage the car you pay the deductible and anything above that the insurance company pays.

View solution in original post

deloused
Master - Level 3

Do you have any other type of insurance such as auto or home? It's exactly the same even Flo from Progressive and the nice little Gecko guy charge deductibles for damage. Good thing it's cheaper than coming out of pocket right away than full retail price of the phones in case of loss.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Your phone costs $650 to replace without an upgrade or insurance. This is why you pay for insurance. You pay the $99 deductible and the insurance company pays the $550 difference. Same as your car. You damage the car you pay the deductible and anything above that the insurance company pays.