Why am I getting 3G to 1X service when I live smack in the middle of solid, 4G LTE coverage?
DesignoSLK

We just bought a home in Glendale, AZ. According to Verizon's Coverage Map, we live smack in the middle od supposed, solid, 4G LTE coverage. Yet, I'm constantly bouncing between 3G and 1x coverage with 1 to 2 bars at best. Sometimes it jumps to 4G LTE, but it never stays more than a minute or so.

Can someone please explain this to me? Preferable someone from Verizon? I shouldn't have to be using an extender here. It's ridiculous.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I getting 3G to 1X service when I live smack in the middle of solid, 4G LTE coverage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@DesignoSLK

I want to ensure you're able to enjoy our 4G LTE network!  When did this problem begin?  What model phone are you using and in what zip code are you experiencing this problem?  How is service outdoors at this location?  Please let me know so that I can further assist. Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why am I getting 3G to 1X service when I live smack in the middle of solid, 4G LTE coverage?
DesignoSLK

Anthony,

My wife and I both have the Samsung Galaxy S5. I live in the 85303 zip code. My major cross streets are W. Missouri Ave. & N. 83rd St. It doesn't matter inside of outside, we both still get the same 1x to 3G, occasionally 4GLTE service. As a matter of fact, I just had the Cox Cable guy here, who also has the same phone with Verizon service, and he was commenting he only had 1x.

So do you think you could get a tech to check and see if maybe a tower is experiencing an issue? It's going to be very disappointing to have to use an extender here since Verizon has tauted how strong the 4GLTE signal is here in the Phoenix area.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, DesignoSLK. We can definitely help out with setting up a ticket. To get one set up as quickly as possible, please reach out to us at:1-800-922-0204. 

We can also assist through here. I will be sending you a Follow request, please accept it. Then Follow me back by hovering your mouse over my avatar. Once done, please send us a DM.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DesignoSLK

Okay, I followed you...now what?

0 Likes