Why am I being given an offer that won't be honored?
HALALAY

I am concerned about deceptive advertising by Verizon.

Verizon has given me an offer to increase my data to 12 GB for $80/mo.

The offer states “Available for your Plan”.

This would be a $10/mo. increase over my current plan.

But, when I called Verizon to inquire further, I was told that I could only get the offer if I change plans to the new Verizon plan.

The new plan would increase my current family plan across the board so that I will end up paying $40/mo. more for only a 4 GB increase in service.

The one month data roll over and data speed reduction features are not very significant to me.

My current Verizon plan is competitive with other carriers, but it would not be with a $40/mo. increase.

I am angry that I should have to waste my time on false advertising by Verizon!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I being given an offer that won't be honored?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the plan you have now? How many lines and how many are on contract or a DPP agreement?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

12 GB for $80 is a tier on the new Verizon plan and is not part of any other plan. Why would you think it would be available to just add on to an older plan. That doesn't make sense. Of course it is going to be for a current plan, not a retired plan.

If you are currently on the original Verizon Plan, your data access fees will not change, and the net increase will be $10.

However, you must be on the More Everything Plan and have several phones with a $25 discount ($40-$25), which would result in a $5 increase per line if you switched to the new Verizon Plan.

If the new plan does not make sense for you, don't switch. This is not the definition of false advertising.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You are on a grandfathered plan.  You cannot make any changes to your data plan unless you give up the plan and move to a newer plan. 

FYI the understanding I was given is that the More Everything plan is no longer giving the 'out of contract discount '.  The only time you get the discount is if you have the device payment plan discount. 

If you have it, you can keep it, but once you give it up, you can get it back. 

Not a big deal because I buy phones at full price anyway.  But kind of a drag for family's that always upgrade with payments.   If this is the case, save and buy phones at full price. 

0 Likes
amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes