Re: Why am I being charged data overages for NFL mobile? My bill is already up 150$!!!
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Frayedsanity wrote:

After stopping at the local Verizon store this morning to inquire as to why NFL Mobile is using data, the woman behimd the counter told me I had to view the game with the GO90 app to not get charged, which makes ZERO sense because I have seen nothing anywhere stating that.  No, GO90 is an app that allows you to view stuff without using data, but you don't need to have it to get NFL Mobile games free of data usage.

I DID see a text from 2635 but it was random numbers with a hyperlink embedded and a couple of emoticons. Getting random texts from time to time, I just deleted it because I didnt see anything anywhere regarding a text that would be sent that I need to confirm or send or whatever.

So can this be any MORE confusing for the customers?

Was the text SENT From your device or received to your device?  Mine appeared to have been SENT TO 2635, not received from.

@Weth - I am on the new Verizon plan.  Carryoner, Safety Mode.... 4GB Medium plan.

0 Likes
Re: Why am I being charged data overages for NFL mobile? My bill is already up 150$!!!
Weth
Legend

I just looked at my online - I had freebee data showing before, but now it says no freebee data. I can also see my GB usage of watching a game yesterday morning, but it is not counting against my overall usage. The log shows well over GB of usage, but my line is only reporting 0.33 GB against my plan.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

And you DO see an extra GB of data (bonus)?  I just had a chat (online chat support), and was told that the GB of data is credited if you go over, then you get an account credit of $15 on your bill.  I countered that I have safety mode activated - so I won't ever see overages.  Her response - Turn off safety mode.  Ummmm, no thanks.  I want the extra data to cover the ads and not "force" me to use my data and generate an overage just to get the credit.  And if I don't have an overage, but would have had more carryover ...  again, no, thanks.

Not only would the ads chew up any carryover I might have had, it defeats the purpose of safety mode if I have to turn it off, force an overage, & get a credit.  It seems a pretty stupid way to do it.

So then she comes back with a $15 credit to my account to cover a 1GB data boost.  OK, that's better, and it works for me.  The boost data does carryover as well, so I'm effectively getting a free GB data.  This month.  What about next month?  And the rest of the season? And what about everyone else?  It should be automatic...as it seems to have been with you, Weth.

We continued chatting - she got together with their Marketing Team (so she said), and they will apply the $15 credit each month of the season, through February.  OK.  For my account - what about everyone else??

Simple, they just need to call CS or chat with an agent and ASK for the $15 credit for 1GB data for the NFL app.  Not ideal, it should be automatic (as it seems to have been for you).  But if it works and people get the 1GB data boost to cover ads, and it will carryover, it seems like a deal to me.

Now, how to make this a "sticky" post so everyone can see and I don't have to repeat myself all over the boards.....

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I have never seen this magical 1 GB.

I think the advice to turn off Safety Mode and you will get a equally magical $15 credit is a bunch of you know what.

I am not really seeing the ads as excess data though. Between last month and this month I have used about 12 GB of data watching games. I am not seeing any data use during that time charged against me.

I'll take a $15 credit though! Thanks for the update

0 Likes
Frayedsanity
Enthusiast - Level 1

To be I dont recall but I believe the text showed up as a new message.

What I do know is that the usage appears to have self corrected. According to my phone , the app has used exactly 1.50Gb. My Verizon says I have used 1.47Gb so far, total, which equals all the other apps etc I have.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm glad the data usage has righted itself so the game data used is not counting against your plan!  I used almost a GB watching tonight, but for the last half of the game I've been on my home wifi.  That's how I've watched most of the games, but it is nice to know I CAN watch, or at least check in now and then , when I am away from wifi.

0 Likes