Why am I being charged data overages for NFL mobile? My bill is already up 150$!!!
willsonwats

I am connected to a 4G signal and was told that NFL mobile would not use my data, however my bill for this month is already up 150$ due to data overages related to NFL mobile........

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am I being charged data overages for NFL mobile? My bill is already up 150$!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lewisr13,

We would love to put your minds at ease. If you are watching games through the NFL Mobile Application on 4G you will not be charged any data. However, data will be used while watching the ads. To help offset this cost, we will issue you 1GB of bonus data each month. You must watch one full NFL game on 4G each month to qualify for the data promotion. Please be advised it will take 24-48 hours for the bonus data to be added.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why am I being charged data overages for NFL mobile? My bill is already up 150$!!!
Weth
Legend

Are you postpay?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

NFL Mobile will use data for commercials. When the game is playing it apparently doesn't use your allotment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely do not want you to be billed incorrectly. We sent you a Private message so we can look at this on our end. Please respond there.

AnthonyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Only free while watching games. In game Ads go against data, but you will receive credit or extra gb's to cover the ads. We I first logged in Verizon sent me a text that I replied to and got 1 gb bonus to cover ads.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've been watching games each week (most on wifi because I'm not sure I fully trust it won't use my data and I'm already cutting it close this cycle!!)  but have not seen any bonus data .... how much do you need to use before you see the bonus?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Not sure why your still not seeing it.  I have 9.2 GB freebie data this cycle all watching games while out and about. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm, I wonder if I uninstall or disable the app, then redo and log in again, if it will reset and give me the extra GB, and confirmation that I am not using plan data to watch games?  I've had the app for three(?) years, probably got a confirmation text when I first set it up, but nothing this year, and no extra data.  Of course, this is the first year they've made it "Freebee" .... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lewisr13,

We would love to put your minds at ease. If you are watching games through the NFL Mobile Application on 4G you will not be charged any data. However, data will be used while watching the ads. To help offset this cost, we will issue you 1GB of bonus data each month. You must watch one full NFL game on 4G each month to qualify for the data promotion. Please be advised it will take 24-48 hours for the bonus data to be added.

RobinD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

One full game ... at this point I don't have enough data for a full game unlesss it automatically detects it's "freebee"?  Or does it get allocated later as freebee?  I have safety mode enabled, so , if watching the one full game puts me over my plan, will safety mode kick in once I reach my limit?  Then later it goes to freebee data but I'm already on safety mode slow data...maybe I'll wait till my new cycle starts when I have enough data to watch a full game ....  The one game I did watch part of on cellular it seemed to count against my data and I saw no freebee data used.  That concerns me....