Why Was A Tablet Added To My Account Without Permission?
JENWIL10

Back in Sept. of last year, I took my grown daughter to get a new phone. Her iPhone was missing and she needed a new phone. I authorized them to give her my upgrade, as it is my name on the account. I was hanging around the store while she was getting set up. By the time we left, they had added a "free" tablet to MY account, without my knowledge. They had talked her into getting the tablet, in MY name. They knew perfectly well that I was there at the store and that she was nit authorized to sign fir anything. The many times that I have called about it, my daughter and I were blamed. They even tried to get me to file a police report against my daughter for fraud. She had no idea they were pulling the wool over her eyes.

We can't afford to be paying such a high bill and refuse to pay a cancellation fee. We would drop Verizon but it's the only service that sort of works in the Santa Cruz mountains. Which, by the way, service has gotten absolutely terrible here. Ni amount of complaining ever helps. I have been lied to so many times.

My daughter and I are dropping verizon as soon as we can.

Verizon is full of sociopaths. They have no conscience when it comes to right and wrong. More people need to start speaking up if we want things to change.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Was A Tablet Added To My Account Without Permission?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand your frustration, JENWIL10. One of our core values is to sell with integrity. I regret to hear that you had a less than desirable experience at the store and it has caused you to want to leave our family. As various community members have stated we do have a 14-day return period for any new devices at our corporate stores. Authorized retailers may have a slightly different return period, but they too would also accept a return within 14-days. Any discounted equipment, including free equipment, does have an agreement included. An authorized user would have had to sign this agreement, and any agreement your daughter received for her new phone before leaving the store that day.

We definitely don’t want you to be stuck with a high bill. While we are outside of that return period now, let’s take a look and see what we can do to help lower your costs until the agreement has been completed. Please respond to the private message I have sent you so that we can begin.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your daughter listed as an account manager? Why didn't you return the tablet within the 14 day return policy period or the next day? Who paid for the activation fee for the tablet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JENWIL10

Yet more blame on customers from verizon for their sociopathic sales practices? No, she is not an account manager, that I know of. I tried to return it the next day but was told it was too late. Quit blaming customers for what evil sales reps do!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

And your daughter didn't mention to you before you left the store, "look, I got a 'free' tablet...". It appears your "grown daughter" shares some of the blame.

The next day would NOT have been too late to return it. Possibly if you had asked about this in September when it happened instead of 7 months later, we could have informed you of their 14 day return policy on new devices.

JENWIL10

She showed it to me when we left. We didn't have time to go back to return it. I called the next day and was told it was too late and called at later dates.

Do you always attack people who have been played? Are you one if the players? Do you enjoy lying to people? If you people were honest and actually tried to help rather than cause more problems, this wouldn't have happened.

Are you a verizon moderator? If so, you are extremely unprofessional.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

What "attack"????

Simply because someone does not agree with you 100% does not mean they are attacking you.

However asking someone if they "enjoy lying to people" certainly sounds like an "attack".

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, meet pot.

Good luck.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If she wasn't authorized to make any changes to the account, who signed all of the paperwork? Someone had to. If you were hanging around in the store, why were you not involved in the sale process? Had you been right beside her the whole time you'd have known about this tablet.

Do you regularly sign something without reading or understanding it?

Please note that none of us here work for Verizon Wireless.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand your frustration, JENWIL10. One of our core values is to sell with integrity. I regret to hear that you had a less than desirable experience at the store and it has caused you to want to leave our family. As various community members have stated we do have a 14-day return period for any new devices at our corporate stores. Authorized retailers may have a slightly different return period, but they too would also accept a return within 14-days. Any discounted equipment, including free equipment, does have an agreement included. An authorized user would have had to sign this agreement, and any agreement your daughter received for her new phone before leaving the store that day.

We definitely don’t want you to be stuck with a high bill. While we are outside of that return period now, let’s take a look and see what we can do to help lower your costs until the agreement has been completed. Please respond to the private message I have sent you so that we can begin.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes