Why Stay With Verizon?
MrBerta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve been with Verizon since Air Touch was the name, however I’m having trouble figuring out why to stay. I have 3 lines, 3gb shared services and pay approx. $250 per month. I have several friends that now have Boost mobile services with unlimited everything for $50 a month per line, which would make my bill $150 a month for 3 lines. While selection of phones would be limited and I would have to pay $XXX for disconnecting 3 lines, at $100 savings per month I’m certain I would be ahead of the game before the contracts ran out.

Note: My girlfriend and I do a lot of driving around over the weekend and compare my Verizon signal to her Boost signal. She remains in 4G network more then I do. This weekend, Memorial Day, I will be traveling to my cabin. If she has equal or better strength there, I think my choice will be made.

I guess my question is, are you guys looking into becoming competitive or do you just think your that much better, and why? I truly would like this answer as my choice will be made within a couple weeks.

I’m an operations manager of a company. I have to make major financial choices to stay competitive on a regular basis. I’ve taken sever profit margin hits, but 100 people at a reduced margin is much better than 50 at a higher margin.

Also note; called customer service today and fund out my charges would be less on a prepaid plan. I was blown away???? So your captive customers (contracted customers) pay more than your on again off again??????? Makes no sense you would charge more to someone you KNOW you'll get paid monthly than someone you're not sure if they will be there next month.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Stay With Verizon?
rcschnoor
Legend

What else are you paying for in your Verizon bill besides service?

3 smartphone lines @ $40/line comes to $120

3 GB of shared data comes to $60

So far, that is $180/month. Taxes MIGHT bring your total bill to ~$210/month. That leaves another $40/month to be accounted for. This would not account for any discount you may be receiving thru your company.

If you are paying for insurance, etc... as a portion of your bill, THIS will also increase your bill at any other company and you should not be including it in your Verizon costs if you are not including it in your costs with another provider when making comparisons.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

What else are you paying for in your Verizon bill besides service?

3 smartphone lines @ $40/line comes to $120

3 GB of shared data comes to $60

So far, that is $180/month. Taxes MIGHT bring your total bill to ~$210/month. That leaves another $40/month to be accounted for. This would not account for any discount you may be receiving thru your company.

If you are paying for insurance, etc... as a portion of your bill, THIS will also increase your bill at any other company and you should not be including it in your Verizon costs if you are not including it in your costs with another provider when making comparisons.

MrBerta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree RC with what you are stating, but the Boost total for one line, taxes and all with unlimited data, is $50 or less. So without taxes with Verizon it would be a savings of $30, with taxes I could add a 4th line if needed.

By review of both of our comments and math, Is Verizon 25+% better (can get 4 Boost phones for cost of 3 Verizon) than the competition, or do they just charge 25+% more? The + is do to the fact they limit the data use. Note, with Boost 4G is unlimited, 3G you get only the first 2GB free. While I've not tested Boost in some areas (but they utilize Sprint towers) the biggest single difference is limited phone choices.

0 Likes
MrBerta
Enthusiast - Level 1

1 more note, as a business ops manager, I lose 1 customer do to price structure that different from my competition, I adjust quickly or layout the reasons why. When I went with Air Touch it was over cost, and Verizon stayed very competitive then. Now reviewing, they've become out of touch. I would not be so alarmed if we were talking 5-10%, but 25%......

0 Likes