Why Is Verizon No Longer The Fastest?
TROLEE28

It is so frustrating to have to wait on a page to load or buffering when everyone thinks you have the best network. Even their phones load alot faster and they have cricket. Verizon get back to business and get things on line to keep tour customers and your reputation. Like alot off people were fed up already and your dumb corporate decisions aren't making anything better.  Verizon is no longer the best and fastest. My data is terrible after there new rules placed Weds. Get you stuff together or lots of us are gonna wake up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why Is Verizon No Longer The Fastest?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon needs to implement QAM256, 4T4R upgrades, and refarm 3G spectrum in order to fix the issues they're having. The network in many areas needs modernization, as much of it is still stuck in an earlier form from the initial LTE roll-out. Competitors were late to the game, but on the flip side, it means they are also using newer equipment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your connection is up to speed, TROLEE28. What is the make and model of your device and what ZIP Code are you having these issues in? Have you reset your network settings and updated your software on your devices?

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Googling Verizon and Verizon Wireless returns quite a few articles that discuss how the return of Unlimited Data to Verizon Wireless is causing network congestion due to increased data usage by subscribers.

Verizon Wireless is implementing changes to try to manage data traffic. The result is downgraded video playback, slower speeds and the introduction of the new unlimited plans.

What isn't being mentioned as often is that Verizon Wireless is in the process of installing it's new 5G network. The company is re-purposing some existing facilities to accommodate a second network.

With the new network build in progress, augments to the existing network aren't high on the company's to do list. I suspect that this is the same situation with other cellular service providers.

0 Likes