Why Is There A Price Increase On My Unlimited Data Plan?
FutureEx-VerizonCusto

Just saw my new monthly Verizon billl - an increase of $20.  Between my 450 minutes per month Verizon dumbphone and my Verizon 2.5G USB "broadband" internet stick, the bill has jumped from $119 a month to $139 - and now that I've moved to a new place with Wi-Fi, I use the data-stick less than ever.  While I've always liked (and touted)  Verizon's network reliability to anyone willing to listen(I was online via cellphone and data-cable about a dozen or so years ago when that huge, regional, Northeast blackout hit, and my internet connection never even dropped, while everyone else at work who had a carrier other than Verizon, was [Removed]).  Gotta give credit where credit is due, yanno?  While there have been cheaper providers around for quite some time, I always felt the "reliability premium" of higher cost Verizon plans was worth it..

Until now.

I'm now seriously considering what was once the unthinkable(for me):  Porting over my Verizon # to my (truly) unlimited ($65 a month w/autopay) 4G LTECricket wireless smartphone, canceling my Verizon USB data stick, and closing my Verizon account - after like 14 years of continuously being a Verizon customer who always pays his bills on time without fail.  The $139 I'll save per month will pay 90% of my health insurance premiums.

Thoughts?

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why Is There A Price Increase On My Unlimited Data Plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

All the customers with an unlimited data plan on Verizon Wireless started seeing the price increase back in November 2015. There were three phases to the planned increases with the last phase occurring back in August 2016. The notice for all the customers happened in the bill prior to the increase taking affect. I got the notification both in my bill and when I signed in MyVerizon account online during that billing cycle.  The fact that you were one of the last ones to see the increase would have made those of us who were hit first quite jealous of your lucky break. Stay, go, either way vote with your wallet and chose the best path for you.

Verizon's grandfathered unlimited data users face $20 price hike - CNET

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why Is There A Price Increase On My Unlimited Data Plan?
Weth
Legend

How much data do you really use now that you have wifi at home?   Do you need to pay any premium for unlimited with any carrier?   Wouldn't it be smarter to figure how inch mobile data you need and get a plan that also protects you from getting overages? 

You say say you have a dumb phone and a data stick, which device has unlimited data? I also think you are vastly overpaying for what you have, a dumb phone and an ancient data stick.  Get a smartphone with hotspot, 5 GB of high speed data, no overages for $60. Revenue on cricket, no hotspot -- that means you can't connect a tablet or laptop like you may now. 

0 Likes