Why Is My Voicemail Not Working?
r1chard316
Enthusiast - Level 2

When someone calls my number they never go to voicemail.  When I dial *86 I get a busy signal.  How do I fix this problem.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail not working
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

It’s imperative that your voicemail is working correctly, r1chard316. I wouldn’t want to miss any important messages myself. Let’s get to the bottom of this. Make sure you have dialed *73 to ensure call forwarding is disabled. If it is still not working after that please respond to the private message I have sent you.

JoesphE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from another Verizon phone and ask them to verify the voicemail feature is on your line and to reset it so you can set it up again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry you were having difficulties. Let's get that voicemail working correctly. What do they hear when they call your number? Do you have your number forwarded? Dial *73 and press send and retest.

JoeL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
r1chard316
Enthusiast - Level 2

They just here the ringing tone.  When I dial *86 I get a busy signal

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Based that description, you don't have a voicemail box. Call customer service like I wrote earlier a couple of days ago to get the voicemail setup properly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

It’s imperative that your voicemail is working correctly, r1chard316. I wouldn’t want to miss any important messages myself. Let’s get to the bottom of this. Make sure you have dialed *73 to ensure call forwarding is disabled. If it is still not working after that please respond to the private message I have sent you.

JoesphE_VZW

r1chard316
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not have that phone with me so I had to go onto My Verizon and disable it from there.  Hopefully it is working now.  I will find out later tonight.  Thanks.

0 Likes
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

I’m glad to hear you were able to disable call forwarding online through My Verizon, r1chard316. Please let us know if it’s not working and we can pick up right where left off. Thanks for choosing Verizon.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why Is My Voicemail Not Working?
Sluggy1

Simple answer:  make sure "mobile data" is ON.  If it is off, you must press *86, then enter your password.

0 Likes
Re: Why Is My Voicemail Not Working?
verizonhearsnobody
Enthusiast - Level 2

Issue is verizon blew it and did not build backed support for latest moto g series stylus etc....I reached corporate and it's being built this weekend for hopefully a 8/16/20 fix date... 99.99 verizon techs are unaware of issue at present

0 Likes