Why I can't upgrade early and keep my unlimited data?
ohboy_
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been a long time customer of Verizon and I only want to get a new phone! I chat in and they can't do anything because they are "limited".

All I want to do is get a new phone a little early and keep my data. I feel like they are a rip off and I will be looking for other carriers!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why I can't upgrade early and keep my unlimited data?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Buy your phone from swappa.com, or a private party - keep your data.  Purchasing a discounted phone will result in a new contract, new terms, and the end of your unlimited data.  If you want a new phone, you can pay full price at Verizon or look for deals elsewhere.  And you can get a new phone at any time; the only limit Verizon has is for getting the discounted pricing, and that is every 24 months.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Buy your phone from swappa.com, or a private party - keep your data.  Purchasing a discounted phone will result in a new contract, new terms, and the end of your unlimited data.  If you want a new phone, you can pay full price at Verizon or look for deals elsewhere.  And you can get a new phone at any time; the only limit Verizon has is for getting the discounted pricing, and that is every 24 months.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can upgrade at any time by paying full retail price for your phone, purchasing a gently used one from somewhere like swappa, or borrowing one from a friend.  If you want to keep your unlimited data, those are basically your only choices, other than upgrading another line on your account (assuming it has an upgrade available and also isn't an unlimited data line, in which case it would be lost and converted to a 2GB plan) and switching the phones.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

ninjas are running loose today! 

0 Likes
ohboy_
Enthusiast - Level 3

What do you mean ninjas? tikibar1

0 Likes
ohboy_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since I am a loyal customer, they should be willing to allow me to get this done.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

ohboy! wrote:

What do you mean ninjas? tikibar1

It's a phrase used on the forum when two users say basically the same thing at the same time.  I was teasing user SuzyQ.

ohboy_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ah, ok!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ohboy! wrote:

Since I am a loyal customer, they should be willing to allow me to get this done.

Loyalty doesn't factor into new service contracts. They treat you the same as a new customer, an one year customer, two years, five years or ten year customer. You all have to agree to the new terms of the contract and that means no unlimited data plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.