Why I am leaving Verizon
losing_my_plan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would have liked to just send this as an email to Verizon Customer Service but as they do not publish any email addresses I am shooting it out for public consumption.

Near Thanksgiving I stood in line at Sam's Club for a brand new Galaxy 4S for 99cents (with a new plan) in Michigan that made for some cold miserable weather.

When I went in on the following Wed. (they took appts to get the phone and activate it) they told me that I cannot roll over my unlimited data plan. I have had this plan for at least 4 years during which time data has gotten cheaper to transmit every year. So now if I want to keep my data plan I can either never upgrade, or pay for a new phone at full retail price. While my monthly bill does not decline.

I can go out and get another plan from another provider that has unlimited data for less money. Which is exactly what I intend to do. My plan ends this month and within three months I will no longer be a Verizon customer. I will research where I will go thoroughly. I had been happy with the service, the price was ok, and I had plenty of minutes and never had to worry about running out of data. Now they don't want me to be happy and wanted to sell me less for the same money.

Bad customer service! no cookie! and no customer either!

Labels (1)
Re: Why I am leaving Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The inability to keep the unlimited data plan when upgrading at the subsidized price has been in place since June 28, 2012 when they added the Share Everything Plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The other option to keep unlimited data is to use Verizon's device payment plan. (Do not use EDGE) you pay full price for a device of your choice and keep unlimited data.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/FeaturesandOptionalServices/device-installment-plan....

Good Luck

losing_my_plan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a 99 cent Galaxy S4 in my hand. If I take the payment plan I wind up paying about $600 bucks for the phone. I can beat that deal , uhh...EVERYWHERE!

I live alone and there is only one phone on my plan so I gain no benefit from the Share Everything Plan.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

losing_my_plan wrote:

I had a 99 cent Galaxy S4 in my hand. If I take the payment plan I wind up paying about $600 bucks for the phone. I can beat that deal , uhh...EVERYWHERE!

I live alone and there is only one phone on my plan so I gain no benefit from the Share Everything Plan.

The Device Payment Plan has nothing to do with the Share Everything Plans. Unless you are willing to pay full price for the phone, you won't be able to keep the unlimited data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
losing_my_plan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know they are two different programs I was responding to the two previous responses in one text.

The price I pay now includes the money that Verizon applies to offset the upgrade discount. So I am really paying part of the price of a new smartphone (all of the price of a lessor phone or older smartphone)  but I have have to pay the full price of the smartphone if I want to keep the same service I have now. So they are collecting that money and giving me nothing in return.

Everyone please understand, the cost of transmitting data goes down every year. Unlimited plans should not become more expensive or be eliminated.

Not applicable

If you get a subsidized device your value is the savings of almost $500 you would still be paying the same contract amount for your service but if you left you pay an early termination fee. By using the device payment plan you keep unlimited data. If you use Edge you lose unlimited data but if you want a new device over and over then you make out that way. In this option you never fully pay off the older device but have to give the old one back. The choice is always yours.

0 Likes