Why Can't I Finish Switching My Devices?
kristy714
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had it for a year and would LOVE to know why nothing happens when I click the 'Complete Activation' button. I have tried this repeatedly from three different up to date browsers on two different computers with two different operating systems with no popups blocked. Like the original poster, everything works fine until that point. I even tried it from my iPad once with the same result...so that makes another browser, OS, and device.

I have complained at least ten times now and have had no resolution. I even found the video instructions and verified that I am doing everything correctly. I would love to be able to do this on my own without having to contact chat support. Please test this on your end or contact me for screenshots or a video. I will be happy to provide whatever you need if you'll seriously look into this issue.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Can't I Finish Switching My Devices?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

An option is to skip the website and just move the SIM card between the two phones since they use the same size SIM card.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kristy714, we understand how important it is for you to be able to activate your phones.  We are here to provide support.  We can't see the previous post.  Can you provide a little more details about the problems your are having?  Are you prepay or wireless?  Did you upgrade your phones or are your a new customer?

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have had a phone for a YEAR with this?  I would have gone to Verizon, or at at least called tech support after one DAY!  But anyway....

Turn wifi off and connect via the cellular signal (this has caught me more than once).  If that still doesn't get you connected, then use another phone to call 800-922-0204, choose option 4 for "Other" then say "Agent" at the voice prompt to get connected to a live person who can likely get this resolved pretty quickly.

0 Likes
kristy714
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi SuzyQ,

Thanks for trying to help but I think you misunderstood my issue...

Background: I have two phones in good working order but I like to switch between them because I can't decide which one I like better...both are iPhones...one is a 6+ and the other is an SE.

Issue: I have repeatedly tried to switch phones online, using Verizon's website since it is supposed to be able to do this for me. I am never able to, not because I can't get online with my phone; I'm using a Windows 10 laptop most of the time. I always end up doing an online chat with customer service. They are incredibly professional, polite, and helpful and they always take care of me. I was simply trying to figure out why I can't take care of this myself using the website. You see...I start the process and I get green check marks all along but then when I click on the "Complete Activation" button, nothing happens. I am not the only one with this issue and I have tried the same process on two different computers with two different operating systems on four different up-to-date browsers with no popups blocked and I get the same result each time.

So...next time you get a new phone or try to switch back to an old one, try activating it online just for fun and let me know if you are able to accomplish it without reaching out to customer support. I'm really wondering if it works for anyone at this point.

kristy714
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Ralph T,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am a wireless customer. I have attempted to switch between two phones associated with my account by using the website. I get green check marks throughout the process but then nothing happens when I click on "Complete Activation." I always end up doing a chat with your colleagues and they always take care of me so I'm all set for now.

Since I've been unsuccessfully attempting to use the website for this for a year and have tried it with two different computers with two different operating systems on four different up-to-date browsers with no popups blocked, I'm wondering what is going on. I have followed the step by step instructions provided by Verizon and have even watched a video so I know I am doing the steps correctly. It's almost like the "Complete Activation" button should trigger a popup window with further instructions, like to turn the phones off and confirm or something but that doesn't happen. Nothing happens.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

An option is to skip the website and just move the SIM card between the two phones since they use the same size SIM card.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just so I understand the scenario, you are switching between the iPhone 6 Plus and the iPhone SE using the MyVerizon account online and the system never completes the activation, correct?

If so, why? Both phones use the same SIM card size. Simply swapping the SIM between the two devices activates whichever device has the active SIM card. You shouldn't need to involve signing into your MyVerizon account online during the process. Since you are switching between the two iPhones there isn't a compatibility issue with two different voicemail systems like someone switching between an iPhone and an Android phone. With iCloud and other cloud sync features you would keep both devices updated with your personal information even while one wasn't the active device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kristy714, we are sorry to hear about the issues you have been having.  Here is a link with some steps to take: http://spr.ly/65878drJ9  Please confirm if you have success.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AWAKENEDVC
Enthusiast - Level 2

kristy714,

I feel your pain and have just gone through the same thing, except for the fact that instead of nothing happening when I press the Complete Activation button, I get an error with our system, please try again in a few minutes message. This happens every time, on every device I've tried. I researched the issue and found posts dating back to 2014 about it.

Simply put, I think you and I want the same thing...for Verizon and our fellow customers to stop offering us alternative solutions and for Verizon to FIX the problem! We should be able to use a simple online process, not have to connect to chat and spend a lengthy conversation explaining it, or call someone, or go to a store. Maybe between your post and mine, Verizon will FINALLY fix this feature on their website! Of all the replies I've read, I have not seen ONE customer claim they used the switch lines online feature and made it work. As a side note, NO, my sim cards are not the same size, so simply exchanging them between devices is not an option. Have a nice day.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

AWAKENEDVC wrote:

kristy714,

Simply put, I think you and I want the same thing...for Verizon and our fellow customers to stop offering us alternative solutions and for Verizon to FIX the problem!

As a side note, NO, my sim cards are not the same size, so simply exchanging them between devices is not an option. Have a nice day.

Yes, the problem should be fixed, but in the meantime there are alternatives.  As noted in your thread, you could use a SIM card adapter with a nano-sized SIM card:

Re: Error with one of our systems...a few min. turns into years!

0 Likes