Why Am I Paying More For The Friends & Family Plan?
ANGELCORBETT71

I've had the same plan for several years now. Nationwide 700. When I sighed up for this plan it came with 5 friends and family options to which I added frequently called numbers. Now, when I go to update them, it says my plan does not have this feature and is not eligible. Was this not a grandfathered option? I don't recall ever receiving a communication that this was being discontinued. I never went over my 700 minutes due this feature but I never went high enough to warrant getting the next plan up. It seems i am being forced to spend an extra 20$ to go up to the next plan for an additional 200 minutes that I will rarely use. Not happy about this at all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Friends & family
rcschnoor
Legend

Looking at the following article, it appears that Friends & Family was only available on the 1400 minute Family Plan and the 900 minute single line plan. If I remember correctly, when I had the 1400 minute Family Share Plan and dropped to the 700 minute Family Share Plan years ago, I ALSO lost my Friends & Family numbers, too.

Friends & Family Will Forever Change The Way Customers View Their Verizon Wireless Calling Plans

Furthermore, it was only the Single Line Plan which came with 5 F&F numbers. The Family Plan came with 10 numbers. The Single Line Plan does not have a 700 minute tier, only a 450 minute and 900 minute tier and the 900 minute tier is the only tier which qualifies or ever did qualify.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

I don't know if Verizon is still offering Friends & Family on legacy plans. I would be curious how much you are paying for your service? Are you on a 2 yr service contract?

Have you gone back and looked at your old bills to see if any communications were included in them regarding Friends & Family. You should have bills for the last 18 months available online.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Looking at the following article, it appears that Friends & Family was only available on the 1400 minute Family Plan and the 900 minute single line plan. If I remember correctly, when I had the 1400 minute Family Share Plan and dropped to the 700 minute Family Share Plan years ago, I ALSO lost my Friends & Family numbers, too.

Friends & Family Will Forever Change The Way Customers View Their Verizon Wireless Calling Plans

Furthermore, it was only the Single Line Plan which came with 5 F&F numbers. The Family Plan came with 10 numbers. The Single Line Plan does not have a 700 minute tier, only a 450 minute and 900 minute tier and the 900 minute tier is the only tier which qualifies or ever did qualify.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not positive, but I think there might have been a 700 minute plan from Alltel that could have had Friends & Family numbers at some point.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes