Why Am I Having Cell Phone Reception Problems In My House?
HEAHAI9

Well, here goes. Not sure how I will know when I get an answer though.

Despite being able to see a relay tower out my front door ( most likely not yours) and despite being in a RED ZONE for service availability, my cell phone is pretty much useless inside my home. I thought at first it was just because I had a 4yo flip phone so, despite having received an invitation via mail to upgrade my phone @ a discount, due to high cost of the so-called "smart" phone, Iphones, androids etc, I had to pay full price for the querty phone. I can't remember the name, starts with an E. Connection was still an issue and the phone itself has issues; screen locks up, G key doesn't always work and a few other annoyances. My connection over the last 2 months has worsened daily. If I get a call while home, if I don't go outside the call will drop for sure or be breaking up so bad I have to call them back using my landline. If I go outside, connection is still not guaranteed. As for trying to send a text? Of late it takes 6-8 "retrys" and about 30 minutes before it will go thru. I can watch the bars go from 0 to 3 in as many seconds back to 0. I NEVER get steady bars mostly none.  Lately I can't get them to go thru at all,  getting a message saying the txt  was undeliverable due to general problems. In the 7 years I lived on an island in the San Francisco Bay I NEVER had these issues unless there was heavy fog ( still can't figure that one out ) I have been a loyal Verizon customer since 2001 but have been considering changing in the hopes of getting better service. My brother has Verizon also and he has one of those $600+ phones and his won't work in my home either. I hope that someone, anyone, will be able to fix this problem which apparently is not unique to my phone but to my community.

Thank you for your time.

Harangued in Hermitage

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Am I Having Cell Phone Reception Problems In My House?
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

I would try a network extender to be honest.

If it works fine out side of your house then its probably your roof or something attached to your home that is causing the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

You need to switch to a carrier that has coverage in your area.

0 Likes
maness04

I am having same problem have to go outside to talk have to use my wifi to search anything because it will not let me.  They more towers in my area

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

You need to switch to a carrier that has coverage in your area.

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

I would try a network extender to be honest.

If it works fine out side of your house then its probably your roof or something attached to your home that is causing the issue.

0 Likes
maness04

What is a network extender I have tried all cell carriers and yours works a little better than the rest. I guess I am in a dead zone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Signal Boosters Accessories - Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

maness04, we can understand the need for a better signal where you live.  We can take a look at the area for you.  What is your home zip code?

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
HEAHAI9

Ralph, I am the originator of this message flow, not Linda. My zip is 37076. I do not live in the "boonies", to the contrary, I live in a very populated area with a shopping area just 2 miles from my house and a major hospital 3. Please send your reply to [Removed].Thanks Much!

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Something to keep in mind about cellular coverage AND maps indicating coverage.

Untitled-1.jpg

If you are not receiving adequate coverage in an area you would like to, the best thing to do would be to determine if other providers have a better signal in those areas. Utilizing a network extender or getting a phone which can take advantage of wifi calling would be another alternative.

0 Likes