Who can I file a complaint with?
DWN4RVR

I signed up with Verizon around a year ago after being with Sprint for over 15 years. Last month I ordered a 4th phone for my daughter and got on the unlimited plan. You get a discount if you sign up for auto pay. My payments are due on the 8th, so I set up the payment to come out on the 7th. Nothing came out of my bank account on the 7, 8, 9 and finally on the 10th I logged in to my account to find out why. Now mind you, because I got a new phone there were extra charges, so my bill was $367. When I logged into my account, it said my payment was past due and the next payment was not coming out until November 7th. Naturally I paid my bill because I did not want any trouble with my account. On the 11th I get a text and an email that my automatic payment went through. It took 4 days to go through. I immediately called Verizon to make sure I get my money on the second payment back. I was apologized to and told that a rush was being put on my refund and it should be back in my account in 48 hours, and she would send me an email. 2 days went by and nothing. So I called again and again was apologized to and told it is being processed, but will take a couple more days. Had not heard anything, so yesterday 10/16 I chatted with someone names Samuel who once again apologized to me and told me that the refund had been denied because it was during the switch in the billing cycle. But now that that is done he will again file for my refund. I had a supervisor call and tell me that she is now handling it and she promised me that she will take care of it. Told me I will be compensated for all of the hassle that I have had to go through. Called the Financial Department today and talked to another 3 people and was now advised that they are not giving me my money back because the payment was within a 5 day window. Verizon is the ABSOLUTE worse company that I have ever had to deal with. I am now out over $700 and I cannot cancel my contract because then I will have to pay for cancelling it. I will file a complaint with FCC, as well as write letters to the CEO and anyone else up the chain. Worse customer service and all the lies are ridiculous. I will now contact my bank and file a fraud case against them as well. If you are a Verizon customer DO NOT RECOMMEND YOUR FRIENDS. I will also be going on social media and letting everyone know just what Verizon did to me and warn everyone not to sign up for service with them. Go to Sprint where they actually do what they say they are going to do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Who can I file a complaint with?
ejschultz21113
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have auto pay and I know with 100% confidence if you go to make a manual payment when you have auto pay set up, it warns you right there that this could cause duplicate payments. Also, Verizon doesn't have the ability to set up Autopay for a customer, so this means everything was set up on your end. This would hold you responsible if your payment didn't go through. Double check that you have it set up correctly. If you changed anything with your auto pay it can also cause a delay.

A company like Verizon is smart enough to lay out terms and agreements for anything and everything you do on their website, but most customers choose not to read it and then get upset when something bad happens to them. How is this Fraud? You made a manual payment on top of having auto pay. Just look at it this way, you're now covered for next month.

0 Likes
DWN4RVR

You are incorrect. Verizon does not have a page that says upcoming payments, nor has anything popped up saying this will cause duplicate payment. Anyone in their right mind would not push a payment through knowing it would be a duplicate payment. Had it said that, I would not have made the payment. Not to mention I just signed up for automatic payment and they said sometimes you have to make the first payment manually and then the following payments will go through automatic payment. I am now on the phone with yet another manager who is escalating it higher.

Also, if a company like Verizon was smart enough they would have a page that says payments in process like almost every other large company out there. I read everything and pay attention to everything, so please do not try and knock my issue with your "failed attempt" to make me look like I did something wrong. You are either a Verizon rep, or someone who has nothing better to do with your time than to try and turn a real issue into something someone is making up.

I am now online with a manager who is escalating this problem up to higher ups because she said there is no reason why I should not have received the refund. Let's see if the 10th person can actually do what they say they are going to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your payments are processed correctly is definitely important so I completely understand your concern DWN4RVR. I apologize for all the inconvenience and frustration this has caused. We truly value your business and don't want to lose you.

I want to help get this all cleared up. To do so, I will need to access your account, and speak with you. Please reply to the Direct Message I just sent you. I am confident we can get this all straighten out.

I look forward speaking with you.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes