Which plans really qualify for the COVID free 15GB data?
bugsoft

The FAQ on the free 15GB data should be clarified to list all plans that do and do not include the free data. For example, I have a Mi-Fi cell modem on the "CONNECTED HOME DATA ONLY 40GB" plan. I cannot receive text messages on this device so I wouldn't know if I was sent the official text message stating that I would get 15GB free data (I did receive the text message on my phone which is on a different plan). So - do I get the free data on my cell modem plan or not?

0 Likes
Re: Which plans really qualify for the COVID free 15GB data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bugsoft

We want to make sure that you have the data allowance that you need during this difficult time. As a reflection of our commitment to you, we automatically added 15 GB of data across nearly all of our plans, to be used between 05/01/2020 and 05/31/2020. An additional 15 GB of data was also added for use from 03/25/2020 and 04/30/2020.

Please note that you will not see the additional allowance in your My Verizon account online, in the Verizon App, or on your bill. To be eligible, you must be on a qualifying postpaid (unlimited or shared), Jetpack or prepaid plan:

• For Unlimited Data Plans
    • 15 GB of 4G LTE data will be added to your plan’s existing 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot allotment (most unlimited plans include 15GB or 20GB of 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot data standard)
    • Eligible plans include: The Verizon Plan Unlimited, Go/Beyond/Above Unlimited Plans, Start/Play More/Do More/Get More Unlimited Plans
  • For Shared Data Plans
    • 15 GB of 4G LTE shared data will be added (can be used for Mobile Hotspot, or any other connected device using the shared data plan)
    • Eligible plans include: More Everything Plans, Verizon Plans 1.0 and 2.0 (e.g., S, M, L, XL, XXL), Just Kids
  • For Jetpack - Unlimited or Metered Plans
    • 15 GB of 4G LTE data will be added

We hope that this information is helpful to you. 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
D3MONKID12
Enthusiast - Level 3

So why have my speeds not gotten any faster if the extra 15GB of 4g lte was supposed to kick in on the first? My service is still super slow. Been trying to download a 800MB file for over an hour now and it's still got 530MB to go.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want to get to the bottom of what is going on with the speeds. Have you tried restarting your device since the data was added?

- ElizabethC_VZW

0 Likes
bugsoft

A simple yes/no answer about my specific plan would have sufficed so again I'll have to try and interpret whether my plan is a "qualifying postpaid (unlimited or shared), Jetpack or prepaid plan":

My "CONNECTED HOME DATA ONLY 40GB" plan is postpaid but is not unlimited or shared or "Jetpack" or prepaid as far as I know.

I'm not sure of the distinction between a "Jetpack" device (one of which is listed as a "Jetpack MiFi" and my "Novatel MiFi Home" other than the Jetpack appears to be for portable use and my device is not.

Based on this, I'm left to assume that my plan is not eligible for the additional allowance (but feel free to clarify if I assumed incorrectly).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm happy to clarify. This additional data is added to your plan automatically with no need to make adjustments to your VZW account. 
Are you passed your 40GB allowance at this time?

TylerK_VZW

0 Likes
D3MONKID12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes multiple times 

0 Likes
D3MONKID12
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to my phone, yes. According to the only device I've been using my hotspot with, no not even close

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KerryC_VZW Please feel free to send us a Private Note to continue troubleshooting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KerryC_VZW Please feel free to send us a Private Note if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

0 Likes