Re: Which Basic Phones offered by Verizon have tethering capabilities? Very few options.
Not applicable

I think the Samsung Convoy 2 can over USB.  However, the Alltel data network will be retired so I don't think you will be able to keep that plan anyway but what do I know?  You kept mentioning "Boostless".  Am I missing a pun or did you mean Boost Mobile?

0 Likes
Re: Which Basic Phones offered by Verizon have tethering capabilities? Very few options.
Not applicable

spamuback wrote:

So the motorola razr2 v9m is not a basic phone and is a smartphone?

It is a basic phone. However if you want to use data you'll need a data plan and a tethering plan( assuming it can be tethered ). So as I stated even if you still could tether it to your computer the cost of a data plan and tethering plan is more than just getting a USB dongle under share everything plan.

0 Likes
spamuback
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a data plan with the razr2 - but it's an alltel plan which is why i asked about verizon basic phones that can be tethered to replace it before the data network is retired. It can be tethered, and even connected through bluetooth but with reduced signal strength - to be used as a modem. I considered the usb dongle option - but I want the option to use the phone (or it's verizon replacement) for calls IF needed - but maybe buying the same phone off ebay will allow me to keep my plan as-is even after the alltel network is retired even though I get conflicting information from customer service, complicated by the fact that my data plan was added as a separate feature to my call plan not as a set package. Worse case scenario is they drop the data and I just pay them $20 a month to keep the number and my minute plan - best case I replace my phone with the same made for verizon and continue occasional use as i have been and will always have the option to upgrade to one of their shared plans and add data later.

0 Likes
Not applicable

spamuback wrote:

I have a data plan with the razr2 - but it's an alltel plan 

Which will be gone very shortly. Which means you'll need a VERIZON plan and I've already told you the pricing on that.

0 Likes