Where to complain about Verizon withdrawing money and not returning after transaction was cancelled?
kvato

Dear Verizon,

I am kindly asking Verizon Customer Service to open an internal investigation and refund me the $400 security deposit which was taking out of our bank account on August 30, 2015. I have tried on multiple occasions to speak with representatives at Verizon and Apple but have had no success.  I am extremely disappointed that no one has been able to help me despite your company withdrawing $400 from a debit transaction that was ultimately cancelled as I was not approved for a Verizon phone plan.

Here is the outline of the events:

August 30, 2015 - My husband (David Maroto Antuna) and I went to the Apple store in Greenwich CT to buy an apple phone and sign up for Verizon cellular service. Since we jut moved to the US from Spain and have no credit history in the USA during the application process at the store $400 was charged from our debit card by Verizon Wireless Bedminster US (as it appears on the bank statement). After going through the process at the store and providing our information and after our account was charged, we were not approved for the service and, according to the Apple store, this transaction was cancelled. On multiple occasions I have talked to Verizon and the Apple store and since this transaction was cancelled, neither the Apple Store nor Verizon 1-800 Customer Service can locate this transaction and as a result can not refund us the deposit. We have proof (a bank statement) that Verizon charged us $400 (Euro 366,46). How would something like this be handled/investigated? Do I report this to police? What other investigating services can i engage? Please please return this money to us!!

I can provide you with more details once I hear back from Verizon Wireless.

P.S. Verizon Customer Service, please don't tell me to send you a private message because the system doesn't allow me to send you any private messages!!!! Please email or call me!!!!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where to complain about Verizon withdrawing money and not returning after transaction was cancelled?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you contacted your bank to dispute the charge?

0 Likes
Re: Where to complain about Verizon withdrawing money and not returning after transaction was cancelled?
kvato

yes, it was charged to a debit card in Spain. Unfortunately the bank can't help. Thank you any way.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Oh ok. I know my bank would open a case and refund the money even if I used my debit card but I have a US bank so maybe that's the difference. Hope you're able to get it resolved soon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry, kvato! I would also be alarmed if that amount of money was held for such a long time from my account. We can certainly investigate this with you. If you are able to, please reply to my Direct Message, so I can look into this. If the system will not allow this, you can reach out to us at 800-922-0204 or contact us on My Verizon via live chat. http://spr.ly/6581Bzc7W

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kvato

MichelleH_VZW thank you for looking into this, but what do you mean Verizon can not find and return the money that was withdrawn from my bank account? Can I speak to your supervisor? I am sure your supervisor has a supervisor and this way we can reach someone high in hierarchy. Or do I take Verizon to court now? What do I do? Verizon withdrew $400 from my account and can't even find it. this is absurd!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Are you sure it's withdrawn and not just a hold? Are you sure the bank doesn't have it on hold for theft/fraud/processing.

I know here in the states depending on bank used it take take up to 2 weeks processing a refund or return by the bank policy itself and not from the business (they generally say 5-7 days for their own process).

Double check your banks process.

0 Likes