Where is my $100 Amazon Gift Card??
johnnyseko
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I just purchased the Galaxy J7V on 6/2/17.  A bit of background - I have been watching for a deal on an upgrade for well over a month.  With an eye on the refurbished Samsung Galaxy S5 (which has noted 'coming soon' on the website since I've been looking).  The J7V, which is newer but seems a bit cheaper was on my radar but just didn't seem as good a phone as the S5.  So last week I see on the Verizon App, the J7V with the note at the bottom promo - "Get $100 Amazon Gift Card w/ purchase".  I bit.  Purchased the phone right away through monthly payments.  I included a screenshot below that I took as I was excited for this deal.

Now during checkout there is no more mention of the Gift Card.  Ok, maybe it's just in the box with the phone.  Nope.  I go on the Verizon website - nothing mentioned in the purchase history.  The Chat dialog is on my screen so I decide to ask.  Alex, the Verizon rep I chat with claims that promo is only for adding a new line.  I say it did not say that on the App and I have a screenshot.  He insists it is only for adding a line and we go back and forth for a while until he offers a $50 credit on my account and add 8 gigs to my plan.  I told him that I feel cheated and this seems a lot like bait and switch.  I tell him that they are offering a similar promo on the App for the LG G6 - $200 Visa Gift card with monthly payments.  He tells me that is for military and veterans only.  What?!?!?  Nowhere does it say on the App!  That's when he transferred me to a supervisor through chat and Taylor(?) isn't offering me anything now.  He gives me a promo code and a link to a website to "try".  Obviously he knew it would not work.  It was the promo code for adding a line - which I did not qualify for.  After 2 hours of going back and forth with these two Verizon reps I call it quits and tell Taylor I'm going to call Verizon.  He had no problem offering up the 800 number.

So here I am.  I have not called.  I've already wasted two hours of my day yesterday trying to get what I feel I deserve.  The only reason I purchased this phone was because of the promo that was offered.  Again, I have the screenshot at the bottom.  After being a Verizon customer for over 10 years, when I was always grandfathered in for unlimited data until recently I am truly disappointed at the lack of customer service.  Maybe it was just chat - I will never use that again.  Maybe speaking to someone might make a difference? 

I just want what I feel Verizon promised when I made my purchase last week.

IMG_4444.PNG

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where is my $100 Amazon Gift Card??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

johnnyseko, You have started down the right path to get this promotion working for you. We're showing that it can take 8-10 weeks for the delivery of the Amazon gift card. You can check on your status here http://spr.ly/65838WWAv Does this help?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Lazzark

You have to go to their rebate center and submit your rebate. They don't do it automatically hoping you forget or do not do it within the timeframe.

Verizon Wireless: Rebate Center - Search For Your Rebate Offer

0 Likes
johnnyseko
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lazzark,

That is the actual problem - I did not get a promo code.  Nothing was given to me during checkout, nothing is noted on my purchase order receipt that came in the box and then the Verizon Supervisor I chatted with insisted there was no promo for this phone.  He then gave me a code he knew would not work - which only aggravated the situation. 

I'm glad I took a screenshot because at this point I would have started to second-guess myself, thinking maybe I was wrong.  But if you look at the promo currently for the LG G6 it looks pretty much like the same type of deal.  I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you receive your promotion is a must, johnnyseko. I certainly apologize for this frustrating experience. As Lazzark mentioned, you do have to submit a claim to our rebate center. You can submit for the rebate following this link: http://spr.ly/65848lfpa and use the promo code: JUNE17. This must be completed within 30 days of purchase.

I did review the promotion and I do see that it does show that only new lines and add-a-lines are eligible.

JosephE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
johnnyseko
Enthusiast - Level 2

JosephE_VZW -

Your response is the same code as the Chat Verizon rep gave me.  That promo will not work for me. 

Let me summarize:

- I went on the Verizon App.  Navigating the App -

-I selected 'Shop"

-I selected 'Smartphones - Shop'

-The Samsung Galaxy J3 V - showed the promotion at the bottom of this phone for the $100 gift card

-As shown in the picture I included, It said "pay with monthly payments" to receive this promotion

-On checkout I selected upgrade device

-The rest is standard checkout procedure...  I bought the phone for an upgrade because I thought I was getting a $100 gift card.  Now I am being told there was no promotion - even though I have a screenshot of the promotion.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnnyseko, I understand your frustration and want to ensure you have the most accurate information. You can read over the FAQ's at this link: http://spr.ly/65868mRna to see is you qualify for this promotion.

MahrizaM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
johnnyseko
Enthusiast - Level 2

MahrizaM_VZW -

Well this did not help my level of frustration.  This is the third time I have been given a promo code by a Verizon rep that simply does not work.  You gave me a code that expired on 5/21/17.  I purchased this smartphone on 6/2/2017 with the promo for the $100 amazon gift card as I had shown above with a screenshot.

I don't understand why you say "see if you qualify".  Clearly a promotion was offered by Verizon if I bought the phone with monthly payments. Please provide me with the correct code.

0 Likes
johnnyseko
Enthusiast - Level 2

I submitted my promo under JUNE17 as that is the only valid one that coincided with my purchase date.  This is written as 'adding a new line' - well I upgraded a phone....  I included the screenshot of the promo with a copy of my rcpt.  We will see what happens by 7/22/2017 - when I should receive my gift card or if we need to revisit this issue.  I will update when I get information from Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

johnnyseko, You have started down the right path to get this promotion working for you. We're showing that it can take 8-10 weeks for the delivery of the Amazon gift card. You can check on your status here http://spr.ly/65838WWAv Does this help?

JoelR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Gargos

Hey johnny, did you ever get your rebate yet? I also submitted my claim under the same premise and I am now starting to get the runaround with the incompetent customer service at the rebate center. They couldn't tell me why my claim was denied, but your post here was one of the first things I came across when searching for this issue. Now, my rebate is saying the same thing, that this was a rebate for opening a new line which is complete garbage. The rebate showed it was for the purchase of a smartphone... PERIOD.

I submitted my claim on June 14th and despite the rebate customer service phone line saying it only takes 2 WEEKS to verify my submission, it was not until TWO MONTHS later, 8/12, that I was denied for "unspecified" reasons. Now I am being told that it's going to take another TWO WEEKS to restart the whole process and I will likely get denied again because this was an upgrade only, not a purchase of a new line. Here is the screenshot for you Verizon in case you need a refresher yourself. Purchase of a smartphone (period). No asterix, no exceptions, no additional costs. I will be expecting my full rebate and I will be expecting it faster than what I am being told by the customer service because I have already waited two months to be denied and I will NOT wait another 2 weeks plus 30 days for the processing at a minimum.

Verizon.jpg

0 Likes