Where has the integrity of customer service and company policy gone?
charlotte42

I have been a customer of Verizon for several years and always enjoyed the service I've had compared to the other guys but lately it seems the mightly $$$ and greed has taken over and keeping customers happy with great service and a great product has taken the back seat. It'a not only Verizon I see it other establishments. What ever happened to the customer is always right and the attitude of customer service was to serve the customer. However we are not here to talk about the crappy service we are her to talk Verizon?

It all started last year waiting for two of our phone contracts to end so that we could get the iphone. We really wanted the iphone4 but wanted to stay with Verizon and waited for them to start carrying it. Months leading to the end of my contract I hear about the news of the tiered data package but thought we were fine since we already had unlimited data and understood that we would be gradfathered in. However the dark cloud was, since we both had feature phones we weren't eligible to be grandfatherd in. After grumbling left and right and talking with many customer service reps, they convinced me to stay and  I decided that the customer service I get with Verizon was worth us staying. Since then when I do call customer service I feel like they make things up as they go, passing the buck, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told they're busy and don't have anything different to tell you.

The next problem was when my son's phone died so I took my old feature phone and activate it for him, I called customer service for assistance and she tells me that I need to add a data package to his line now. WTH! the phone that wasn't good enough to keep an unlimited data plan now requires a data plan, I don't get it? This company is like talking to my kids and my ex, they make rules but change and break them to suit their own  wants and needs. I told the customer service rep. "You have got to be kidding me, make up your dang minds, is this phone now a smartphone because six months ago it wasn't?"

The final straw is, I decided to upgrade my son's phone now that his contract is up. I go online and pick out the iphone4 and see that they now charge a $30 fee to renew his contract. I understand the rising cost of product, being a small business owner mysel,f but I would think they would want to encourage repeat business rather then discourage it.,

I am now contemplating signing him with another carrier where he can get more bang for his buck, see as how the customer service and policies at Verizon have gone to crap. I guess this time next year the rest of the family will be joining him unless things change, which I know it will never happen.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where has the integrity of customer service and company policy gone?
rcschnoor
Legend

Hopefully you are happier with your next provider. Good luck!Smiley Happy

0 Likes