Where do I file a complaint against Verizon
TITANICDOG2
Enthusiast - Level 1

On October 20, 2018 I called Verizon to cancel my service.  I was told that my account would be updated to reflect the change in status (canceling the service) and that I could pay on-line the balance owed.

I checked my account only to discover that my service was not cancelled.  They continued to charge me for a tablet and did not adjust the account to reflect my cancellation on October 20.  Thirty-six minutes on the phone with customer service this evening produced zero results.  The only solution she could come up with was to pay the full amount even though it was Verizon's fault for not canceling my service as asked.  Something she admitted to.

I will not pay what I shouldn't owe due to their failure to cancel the service.  I will pay what I owe for my last month of service up to October 20.

I have information for filing a complaint with the BBB and the FCC.  However, I would first like to file a complaint with someone in Verizon who can resolve the problem immediately.  If that doesn't work then I will take it to the BBB, FCC, State Attorney Generals Office and anyone else who will listen.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Labels (1)
Re: Where do I file a complaint against Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cancelations are effective on the last day of your current billing cycle. You are not prorated. Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

TITANICDOG2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, that's not what the customer service agent, who supposedly canceled the service, stated.  But they continued to charge me after cancellation.  That needs to be addressed!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TITANICDOG2 wrote:

Ok, that's not what the customer service agent, who supposedly canceled the service, stated. But they continued to charge me after cancellation. That needs to be addressed!

Then they weren't trained correctly. The customer agreement is your contract with Verizon Wireless for service. Verbal answers from the reps don't count.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could they have suspended the line instead of canceling?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value our customers and want to make sure they are provided with the best service as a customer. I do want to make sure you are all set with your account and request as needed. I would feel the same way as a customer. With regard to your concern I will need to access your account in order to review this information. Please respond to the private message I've sent you for further review.  

Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

boringusername
Master - Level 1

TITANICDOG2 wrote:

Ok, that's not what the customer service agent, who supposedly canceled the service, stated. But they continued to charge me after cancellation. That needs to be addressed!

Doesn't matter what they stated. It's effective the last day of the billing cycle and it's in your customer service agreement. "Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then"

as wells as this

"This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement"

0 Likes
FABGIB22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, you want to talk to Verizon before filling a complaint, thats what I wanted to do when The online  agent told me I could change My I phone 7 for the X. I was a few months short of paying it off. but she said I could do and take advantage of the promotion, and prices would go down when I would submit my iphone 7. I even took pics of the conversation,( I do that when doing business online). It never went down, I called many times, the agents are not well trained and they all say different things. And because of that I got stuck with a higher bill. I wil be switching to Sprint. I wrote to Verizon, and yesterday I got a call saying they will do nothing but she will pass the info about training the agents better , haha, do I look stupid for that kind of response? And now I will have to pay for their mistake??? Ill be filling a complaint with BBB and go from there. Good luck to you!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FABGIB22,

This isn't the experience you deserve. I know it's vital that your billing is always accurate and I'll be happy to look into this for you. My goal is to turn this experience around. I have sent you a Private Message and I'll be able to assist you further. 

Juan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ramseybuster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have just noticed that I have been being charged for ovetrsages for the last 5 months. Besides being complelety ripped off on a Talk 700 plan, I have been overchareged to the tune of $500. I had alerts set up for email and text and have received no alerts.  I hae a sick family memeber and perhaps should have looked at the bill but I did not think I would be getting overcharged this long without an alert being sent.

Going into the store tomorrow and they don't refund me I will be filing a complaint with the FCC, the State of NH AG, and the cosumer affairs division.

0 Likes