Re: Where can I complain about poor coverage?
Weth
Legend

I Looked at the open signal maps. It looks like there is a tower in northwester quadrant of Boise and in Middleton.  I don't know the area, but I suspect Eagle is slightly raised, and gets a decent signal, but creates a radio shadow in the slightly lower area around the High School you describe as the location problem.  In addition, Verizon seems to focus more signal down the US 26 corridor.   Check out open signal, which is based on actual signal not an estimate Like Verizon maps.  I would say that area needs a microcell at minimum if anything is to change.  

0 Likes
Eagleresident
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is helpful.  Now if only Verizon would do something about it.  Otherwise, it's time for me, my wife, and all my neighbors to make the switch to Sprint or AT&T.

0 Likes
Eagleresident
Enthusiast - Level 2

What are your plans for investigation/correction of this issue?

0 Likes
TimberlandResident

I agree. I've lived in this area for several years and coverage has continuously gotten worse. Dropped calls and very poor data connectivity have become the norm. There are times I can hardly send a txt message. We're looking into switching carriers.

0 Likes
KythorsMom

I live in this area too. I've lived here 12 years. Verizon coverage has always been bad here. It is good all around us, but not in this one spot. There's a completely dead zone for data on state st  between hwy 44 and Ballantyne. North of state st, south of floating feather, west of Ballatyne is my neighborhood where data flips between LTE, 3G, and 1x.  Outside and inside the house. I have an iPhone 6s and it is up to date with the latest version of operating system.

0 Likes
KythorsMom

Did my name show up for you all on this thread? I chose a profile name but to me it showed up with my actual name

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It only shows your name to you. We see you as your username.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eagleresident,

We would never want to lose you as our customer. Having good service at home is important. Let's check into the area in more detail. Please respond to the private message sent in your inbox.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LONNIBOB

We have noticed the same issues. Service used to be great in Eagle when we moved there in 2000. But over the last year it has gotten much worse. Verizon sent me a WiFi booster that helps in some circumstances but not all. I basically try not to use my phone anywhere outside the house and around the West end of Eagle, it just doesn't work most of the time. It is sad that if I want a phone that works at the cabin I have to put up with one that barely works at home.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the zip code of the location where you have the most trouble?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes