Where are my text messages?? Cloud is too Cloudy
kad7777

I'm using a Moto X 2nd Gen. I have Cloud. I'm using Message+. I have the link to Verizon Messages online.

I have backed up my data to cloud. It tells me all my messages have been backed up.

I go to Cloud and I can't find them anywhere. From what I've read, you can't read them there. So, I assume they're on the Verizon Messages web app. Go there and there was only one text conversation. There should be more.

Can someone from Verizon PLEASE list the specific way to get these messages to the Verizon Messages web app?? And please don't just plop a link on here. I've gone to all of them and they don't help.

Here's more that I know: In Message+ on my phone, I can highlight a conversation by holding my finger on it. It gives me a menu and there is a choice to "SAVE MESSAGE". However, WHERE do I save the conversation file on the SD card where it will make it's way to the Verizon Messages web app?

Does the file magically appear at some point in my Verizon Messages web app after it has been saved in ?????? folder?

Is there a setting in the smartphone message+ app that should be correctly checked...er???? Or for that matter a setting ANYWHERE that I missed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where are my text messages?? Cloud is too Cloudy
T-J-
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ive been using SMS backup and restore to save and restore my text messages and you can save them to your SD card.  I would rather not put personal stuff on a cloud.  I do not trust corporations to have personal things like that on their cloud.

avocadodiva
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this question as well. I am trying to upgrade my phone and want to back up everything to the Cloud first. How do I ensure my text messages transfer to my new phone?  I see them on the cloud app on my old phone, but when I check the Cloud on Verizon.com I don't see any texts--just a handful of photos and my contacts list.

What's the point of backing up texts on the Cloud if you can't access them???!!!!

Is there a way to transfer my texts over from my old phone to my new one?  I would hate to lose texts from family members--especially those who have died this year. Smiley Sad

Please help. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’ve come to the right place for help avocadodiva. Text messaging is my main means of communication so I understand how important it is to keep your messages safe.   Once you have synced the text messages they will be restored on the new phone when you restore the Verizon Cloud on the new phone.  When you first sync your device with Verizon Cloud, all text messages from the last 90 days will sync to the cloud. From that time, all new text messages sent or received on your device will also sync to the cloud. When you switch to a new device, all your text messages that are saved in Verizon Cloud will restore to your new device.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes