When will FamilyBase support the Marshmallow OS?
Paintball
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will FamilyBase be updated to support the Marshmallow OS and if so when?   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will FamilyBase support the Marshmallow OS?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You mean when will the Family Base Companion App be supported by Marshmallow?

Because you can still set limits and all that. You just can't lock the device.

0 Likes
Paintball
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, will FamilyBase "Companion App" be updated to support the Marshmallow OS and if so when?

To date Marshmallow devises cannot download the Companion App from Google Play.

0 Likes
NELL1ANN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Come on Big Red give us a time frame for the companion app to be compatible with Marshmallow. This is important to be able to keep the kids safe. Wouldn't look too good if something bad happened to a child and it could have been avoided had the companion app been working and the parent was able to see the problem in advance through Family Base and the Companion app.

Let's get moving on this.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you send an email to the developers through the email address listed in the Play Store for the application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NELL1ANN
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I understand the direction of your comment Ann it implies that Verizon wants me to handle this on my own through the devs of the app. That's a great answer and after more than 15 years with Big Red makes me feel good about staying there. (Please excuse the sarcasm) AT&T has been urging me to bundle my Wireless with the U-Verse service I have been using for phone, internet and TV I have had for years. That option is looking better and better as I understand controls like this are part of the plan over there instead of an extra 4.99 charge. I also understand they just work. (Like a multi-billiion dollar corporations products should) Oh and a side benefit is I don't have to personally nag the devs to make the product work.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

AS I've said before and will say again threats to leave don't cut it. If you wanna go, go. You don't know however if the grass is greener on the other side until you actually do it. And I agree with Ann154 the developers of the app have to fix this.

Also if something happened to a child or anyone because of an app, a company isn't responsible for that. It's the parents responsibility.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I have noticed that the Family Base parent app now has the option to send the Companion App to the LG G3 that is on Marshmallow. I just haven't tried as I haven't been near the G3 device.

kenneth2001

I went to the Verizon Store 2 months ago, did the S7 Edge BOGO.  Reps told me I could use the FamilyBase app to help manage my daughter's phone ...

Guess what!  It won't install! Marshmallow OS not supported ... really?  It's been out since like October 2015!

I tweeted customer service about it ... I encourage you all to retweet :

Brett MacKenzie on Twitter: "@VZWSupport Why won't you guys update your FamilyBase Companion App to ...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Emailing the developer of the application is a more direct way to voice your issues with the application as it currently exists.

FamilyBase Companion - Android Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.