When does number porting occur for a pre-ordered phone? Want to avoid ATT termination fee...
pgtoverizon

Hello - I am interested in moving from AT&T to a shared Verizon plan with my wife who is already on Verizon. I would like to pre-order the new iPhone 6S. My contract with AT&T ends 3 days after the current ship date for the iphone. However, I can't seem to pick a different shipping date, so I am worried the port request will go to AT&T while I'm still on contract and they'll charge me the early termination fee.

So, my question is when does number porting occur for a pre-ordered phone - when it is configured before shipping or when I open the box and request the phone be activated?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When does number porting occur for a pre-ordered phone? Want to avoid ATT termination fee...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to have you join us pgtoverizon. The port would start the day the device shipped.  I've got a great suggestion. Start service with us get a great new phone and get a temp number. You can port in the day after your contract expires.
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!