When does my monthly data allowance reset?
BCGInc

Stopped using my computer on the 19th because I received a message that I was at 90% of the usage.  Skipped using the internet for the 20th.  Started again on the 21st because Verizon's email notice said "Your monthly data allowance will reset on the 21st."  They do not say it resets at the end of the day.

I thought it was at the beginning. Called customer support to ask if they could waive the overage fee this one time.  The rep didn't seem to understand the difference between resetting the usage at the beginning of the day or resetting the usage at the end of the day.  She just tried to justify Verizon's method of communications saying it was clearly stated that the usage was at its limit.

Take some time and read the wording in Verizon's notices.  It wasn't clear to me, obviously.

First time I had a bad experience with a Verizon rep.  In fact, I was waiting for a feedback form from Verizon and nothing appeared in my In Box so ended up posting this note to everyone rather than just Verizon staff.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Your monthly data allowance will reset on the 21st BUT when on the 21st?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com/mobl/glossary.tp_2.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It resets at midnight between the 21st and 22nd.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AlBalmer

I'm hoping that this will "reset" the question, and get a more authoritative answer. I'd also like to know why previous notices have always said my allowance will reset on the 15th, and the latest notice says the 16th.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Your data will reset (as indicated above) at midnight on the last day of your billing cycle.

Your new billing cycle (and new data allowance) begins at midnight on the first day of your next billing cycle.

That's the answer.  So whenever the LAST day of your billing cycle comes, it will be midnight that night.  No "more authoritative" answer needed.

Do you know the date when your billing cycle ends?

AlBalmer

Well, at least we have two answers that are the same, though neither actually references any authority. I was hoping for a link to the appropriate verbiage in the TOS, or at least a claim that the responder works for Verizon and knows what they're talking about. No more snarky comments needed.

Of course I know when my billing cycle ends - it is Verizon which seems to be confused on the subject, since they have given me a different date in the latest notice. (As I wrote previously.)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com/mobl/glossary.tp_2.html

0 Likes
AlBalmer

Thanks for the link. It's a good, accurate glossary. I searched it for 'reset', 'allowance', 'midnight', '12', and 'data' without finding anything relevant to the question. So, I give up.

0 Likes
qwerty15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Midnight between the 21st and 22nd is...wait for it....  on the 22nd.

Really confusing they way Verizon words things