When did updating your cell become akin to buying a used car from a slimy salesman?
tsunami2_us
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely horrible customer service, yet again from Quang at the Federal Way WA corporate store. I have no contract and owe nothing on my devices. I am looking at moving service to Sprint. Even the previous Verizon spokesman did.

We waited 6 weeks to be able to take advantage of whatever Black Friday specials were going to run in order to upgrade both my cell phones to the Samsung Galaxy 7. After spending far too long listening to a grossly overbearing salesman try pushing everything on me from new plans, to tablets, to add-ons, even after we explained several times we didn't need any of that and just wanted the phones, we ended up leaving without the phones we had waited so long for.

This salesman was beyond pushy. He was rude and condescending. He deliberately evaded answering our questions, told me I was not eligible for the advertised deal going on but wouldn't explain why, gave me 4 different sets of numbers that my deal was going to cost me, all the while convincing me I was getting the "Deal of the century", which is also what he told the poor older woman before us he successfully duped into purchasing all sorts of add on equipment.

I was also told the "upgrades" on my account are virtually worthless and only count for a reduced $20 upgrade fee, nothing more. Why do I bother paying my bill on time for the past 9 years? There is no reward for loyalty at all. Now if I switch I get the standard pricing and am robbed of the special deals I waited so long for.

My husband and I left the store feeling let down, disgusted, and disappointed. Unfortunately the norm for cell carriers these days.

M. Matthews

Labels (1)
Re: When did updating your cell become akin to buying a used car from a slimy salesman?
RANKAT83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel the same way.

They are very tricky when selling you items. They say you get a 'bundle' and add protectors, chargers, cases, only to look at the receipt and see you paid full price for them. They say you get a free tablet, then you're signing a 2 year contract for it. They automatically do all the service add-ons without asking you if you want them. I had to go back to return items I realized I paid full price for, I had to get services cancelled.

The salespeople outfitted the phone I was buying, opened all the packaging and put on the screen protector before I even bought anything.

I know these things are part of buying a new phone, and it's been the reason I've been avoiding it. They say I can trade in my phone, that I'm locking in the trade-in value. Now I don't trust that.

I don't trust them at all. It's so frustrating.

Re: When did updating your cell become akin to buying a used car from a slimy salesman?
Tidbits
Legend

Sounds like both of you guys went to a 3rd party retailer. Even if it says Verizon on top they are not corporate stores.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tsunami2_us, we appreciate you and your business. We never want to see you go after 9 years of loyalty. Getting a new phone should be an exciting time. I am sorry to learn that you walked out the store without getting the phone of your dreams. We want nothing but the best for you. We still have some pretty awesome deals out there. Check them out here http://vz.to/2dEv33n.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes