When can I get the discounted upgrade?
Lukedukelj

I know the whole contract thing is a 2 year cycle, but I have heard many times that you are eligable for a discounted upgrade after a year and a half, exactly 6 months before the contract end date. Is this true?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When can I get the discounted upgrade?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You used to be eligible for a discounted upgrade after completing 20 months of your two-year contract, but that changed earlier this year.  Starting with contracts that began January 1, 2012, you must now complete your entire two-year contract before you can get a subsidized upgrade.  You can upgrade at any time by paying full retail price for your phone or by getting a phone from somewhere like ebay or swappa.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Not anymore.

You have to wait the entire 24 months now.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You used to be eligible for a discounted upgrade after completing 20 months of your two-year contract, but that changed earlier this year.  Starting with contracts that began January 1, 2012, you must now complete your entire two-year contract before you can get a subsidized upgrade.  You can upgrade at any time by paying full retail price for your phone or by getting a phone from somewhere like ebay or swappa.

0 Likes
sbrianfl

Will they give you a couple days in advance?  I would be leaving the country about 2 days before my contract is up, and I would really like to have my new toy, oops, I mean Phone.  lol

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've heard that sometimes Corporate stores will grant upgrades a day or two early; I don't know about on-line or via Customer Service, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

0 Likes